Veterans Day Hunting

Poyntem

Great weather for the Veterans day release. There were quite a few hunters out today. I thought there would be more posts. I let the children take a day off school today and tag along. We got onto a bird a hundred yards or so from the truck. I thought we would hit our limit right then, We took that bird an that was it for our day. The children needed a break from walking (Dad did too) around 11:00 so we headed to the shooting range and flush some clays :p:

So let us know how your hunt went. I know with all the hunters we saw out today some of you should be on this site.

I've always avoided the release dates here in District 5, i'll be hitting Darke Wildlife area mid week, always wanted to get down to Fallsville though.

I've always avoided the release dates here in District 5, i'll be hitting Darke Wildlife area mid week, always wanted to get down to Fallsville though.

Good deal let us know how you make out. Ceasar Creek and Spring Valley was well visited today.

Took my sister out to Camp Belden after school today. Only got to hunt about an hour. Had the young dog with us as my dad took my older dog to South Dakota. The pup did awesome pointing 2 birds in that time. Two clean misses by my sister. Will probably be back out Tuesday am.

Great weather for the Veterans day release. There were quite a few hunters out today. I thought there would be more posts. I let the children take a day off school today and tag along. We got onto a bird a hundred yards or so from the truck. I thought we would hit our limit right then, We took that bird an that was it for our day. The children needed a break from walking (Dad did too) around 11:00 so we headed to the shooting range and flush some clays :p:

So let us know how your hunt went. I know with all the hunters we saw out today some of you should be on this site.

Playing hooky with dad's blessing, it doesn't get better than that! :cheers:

I went out for the veterans release with my pops, put up five, bagged out with two each. Mandy put up another one on the walk out, so there were plenty out there for sure. Went back out with two buddies on Sunday, and they both got two each. Thinking about heading out this weekend to give it another run.

Back