New Barrel Home

BleuBijou

Got my Barreled action back with my new 30" Bartlein Barrel with 5 r Rifling and JP enterprises Brake. Loading up some 230gr, Berger OTM's in 30-378 Weatherby Mag. Hope she shoots like she looks..One thing is for sure, I will burn all the powder before it leaves the barrel now!!
IMG_3061_zpsnjuawwij.jpg

Break in time!! First shot was right, made adjustment and shot 12 more times while running patches and boretech.
30-378%20new%20barrel_zpswwjdccpj.jpg

Looks like it was worth waiting for...and also, that you've done this before. :D

What's it weigh, and what are you planning to use it for? Elk?

Best wishes and be safe. :thumbsup:

Kismet, it weighs a bunch..Scope is what is really heavy. Helps with the recoil as does the brake and is a pleasure to shoot..Not hiking very far with this setup. I have taken Antelope, Bear, Deer and Elk with this rifle before in a smaller bullet. Barnes has always done well and never any loss or extra loss of meat..This new bullet may not be too kind to the Antelope, but I bet it will pass right on through if I don't hit bones or front shoulder. The Berger has a high BC and with the 230gr weight will buck the wind at distance.. I have taken numerous elk from camp @ the 545-602 yd range and it was just time for a new barrel as accurracy was waining. It takes a good deal of practice to shoot at longer ranges and I enjoy shooting. My closest elk was 25 yds as I accidently walked up on it while it was napping. Shot it right behind the ear and didn't move. It is a fun hobby for sure!!!:cheers:

Perfect for PD shooting trip!
Not with the price of those rounds even though I reload!!LOL I have a 22-250 for those critters, but may shoot at a few with this gun at long range to get some practice.:cheers:

Being more of a smooth bore guy, you were talking gibberish until you said Weatherby! :thumbsup:

Being more of a smooth bore guy, you were talking gibberish until you said Weatherby! :thumbsup:

LOL!! I bought 2 scratch tickets about 15 years ago and won 500 on each ticket!! Perfect for buying a Weatherby! I could use some of that luck again..:D

very nice set up.:thumbsup:

Thanks Jmac!! I have always wanted an aftermarket barrel and when it was time to rebarrel I either could of bought a new rifle(Not a Weatherby) or have Bartlein make me a barrel..So far I am happy as heck with my choice!:thumbsup:

Went to the State Fair in 97 with wife and kids. Wife said to stop in at the gun shop on way home. He had a Weatherby Orion 3 years old he'd had traded in that day at the counter to be cleaned before sale. I asked about it and wife said "you have plastic". What's a guy to do. Hadn't shot it by November so went to buddies to hunt second week without trying it. First point I doubled on roosters. Picked up third rooster on second point. Fourth bird about 100 yards later was a bob that the partners flushed and flew by me. As yet, no misses. Fifth bird was dodging through a hedge row and first miss. I think I liked it! Weatherby!!!

Back