New Barrel Home

BleuBijou

Got my Barreled action back with my new 30" Bartlein Barrel with 5 r Rifling and JP enterprises Brake. Loading up some 230gr, Berger OTM's in 30-378 Weatherby Mag. Hope she shoots like she looks..One thing is for sure, I will burn all the powder before it leaves the barrel now!!

BleuBijou

Break in time!! First shot was right, made adjustment and shot 12 more times while running patches and boretech.

Kismet

UPH Guru
Looks like it was worth waiting for...and also, that you've done this before. :D

What's it weigh, and what are you planning to use it for? Elk?

Best wishes and be safe. :thumbsup:

BleuBijou

Kismet, it weighs a bunch..Scope is what is really heavy. Helps with the recoil as does the brake and is a pleasure to shoot..Not hiking very far with this setup. I have taken Antelope, Bear, Deer and Elk with this rifle before in a smaller bullet. Barnes has always done well and never any loss or extra loss of meat..This new bullet may not be too kind to the Antelope, but I bet it will pass right on through if I don't hit bones or front shoulder. The Berger has a high BC and with the 230gr weight will buck the wind at distance.. I have taken numerous elk from camp @ the 545-602 yd range and it was just time for a new barrel as accurracy was waining. It takes a good deal of practice to shoot at longer ranges and I enjoy shooting. My closest elk was 25 yds as I accidently walked up on it while it was napping. Shot it right behind the ear and didn't move. It is a fun hobby for sure!!!:cheers:

BleuBijou

Perfect for PD shooting trip!
Not with the price of those rounds even though I reload!!LOL I have a 22-250 for those critters, but may shoot at a few with this gun at long range to get some practice.:cheers:

Prairie Drifter

Being more of a smooth bore guy, you were talking gibberish until you said Weatherby! :thumbsup:

BleuBijou

Being more of a smooth bore guy, you were talking gibberish until you said Weatherby! :thumbsup:

LOL!! I bought 2 scratch tickets about 15 years ago and won 500 on each ticket!! Perfect for buying a Weatherby! I could use some of that luck again..:D

BleuBijou

very nice set up.:thumbsup:

Thanks Jmac!! I have always wanted an aftermarket barrel and when it was time to rebarrel I either could of bought a new rifle(Not a Weatherby) or have Bartlein make me a barrel..So far I am happy as heck with my choice!:thumbsup:

Prairie Drifter

Went to the State Fair in 97 with wife and kids. Wife said to stop in at the gun shop on way home. He had a Weatherby Orion 3 years old he'd had traded in that day at the counter to be cleaned before sale. I asked about it and wife said "you have plastic". What's a guy to do. Hadn't shot it by November so went to buddies to hunt second week without trying it. First point I doubled on roosters. Picked up third rooster on second point. Fourth bird about 100 yards later was a bob that the partners flushed and flew by me. As yet, no misses. Fifth bird was dodging through a hedge row and first miss. I think I liked it! Weatherby!!!