Wild Fires

not really - at least in Wichita

Nothing to burn there!!lol

West and South West and where the fires were got some moisture..Some areas got real nice steady rain..Some areas got a bit of hail around Mulvane..Looks like the weekend or towards the weekend looks wet..Saw NW Kansas and up into Nebraska could get several inches of rain.. This morning around Dodge City was getting good moisture into S. Colorado.Hope you get some rain and less wind in Wichita as I know my brother has been bitching about his golf game because of the wind..lol:cheers:

First moisture at the Ponderosa in a long time. Not much. Didn't have the gauge out so would guess about a quarter inch. Maybe priming the pump.

.33 here. Barber county where the fire was got a nice gentle shot too. Should start the recovery. I went down and took pics Saturday. It was a good trip. I'll try to get some put up.

.Hope you get some rain and less wind in Wichita as I know my brother has been bitching about his golf game because of the wind..lol:cheers:

This is what will make me move away again as I get older for good. So damn annoying. 2 to 3 weeks straight of what seemed like a non stop inland hurricane with a random break here and there.

Some area are probably already green again arent they?

There was plenty of green out there on Saturday. Under all the cedars where it didn't have any basal growth, there was none. I expect some erosion problems where side slopes of cedars were completely cleared and there was nothing growing underneath them. We'll see thousands of cedars sprout in the next few years. Hope they can address that before it moves toward where it just left!

There was plenty of green out there on Saturday. Under all the cedars where it didn't have any basal growth, there was none. I expect some erosion problems where side slopes of cedars were completely cleared and there was nothing growing underneath them. We'll see thousands of cedars sprout in the next few years. Hope they can address that before it moves toward where it just left!

Hopefully the deer leasers will not renew and it will give the landowners a motivation to make the land conducive and efficient for its highest and best use which is Ag/Grazing land.

I would not be surprised if some of the money they gathered for deer leases contributed to some of the complacency and led to some of the proliferation of the trees. Cedars being such amazing deer habitat and all.

Leasing is just gonna get worse too. Here in Missouri if you see a prime piece of land... Its leased. Alot of the deer leasers will let me go bird hunting on it after gun season is over. So I get in there 2nd week of december. But thats only gonna last so long too. They will start holding there hands out.

Back