back from the south!

This years annual Alberta bird Safari- no danged waterfowl or sharptails this year!:(

Old Tramp is ten this year and still putting in a good days hunt
DHT

Canb't say from experience because as a non resident I have to have a guide and I doon't even know if they have such a thing for pheasants inn Saskatchewan!
I can tell you that the people I know that live there have great success on them.
I'll check and find out the legalities for you!
DHT

Canb't say from experience because as a non resident I have to have a guide and I doon't even know if they have such a thing for pheasants inn Saskatchewan!
I can tell you that the people I know that live there have great success on them.
I'll check and find out the legalities for you!
DHT
ok thanks. I've done well on sharp tails, and Huns, in sk. The goose hunting is phenomenal. They also have wild turkey.

Well , our 2018 southern hunt is round up for another year and we had good birds , Sharptails ,Huns, and even got in a great pass shoot session on ducks and snow geese!
Can’t post pics off my phone yet but will as soon as possible .
We had one Golden with us and thre GSP’s

Last edited:
Well , our 2018 southern hunt is round up for another year and we had good birds , Sharptails ,Huns, and even got in a great pass shoot session on ducks and snow geese!
Can’t post pics off my phone yet but will as soon as possible .
We had one Golden with us and thre GSP’s

Get those pics up ASAP really nice to see how a hard core hunter like yourself gets it done up in Canada!

Last edited:
Thanks and yup those boys are permanently locked and cocked when it comes to birds!LOL
As far as my gun goes , it is an 1878 Westley Richards , the barrels were cut at one time so it is cylinder bore on both barrels but I have shot it on the 16 yard an ATA trap line on the NSSA skeet ranges before but it really shines in the field . It has the smoothest locks I have ever seen ,
I have shot geese with it as well as upland using 1 1/4 Oz of Bismuth and 95 grains of FFG and it drops our big Canada’s with authority .
I have killed roosters out to 30 yards with no issue
DHT

Back