KU vs K-State

Wow what a poor effort. I figured it would be tough with baylor being on the ropes like that. Was nice to see Mclemore have a good game away from Allen fieldhouse. I do wish Ku/Kstate would have both won and tied instead of losing. Webber should win coach of the year. He did a good job this year.

Baylor has always had a load of talent its the coaching thats lacking. If they put it all together and make the tourney, I wouldn't want to be the higher seed playing them the first round.

Squawkhawks play at Baylor. They are 4 pt. favorites we are 6 pt underdogs.

The Big 12 needs to change how conference championships are determined. Mildcats backed into this one after getting swept by the Jayhawks in basketball. I'm sure the P***ycats feel the same since you had to share the football championship even though you beat OU.

Baylor took one outright championship from you in football and gave you one with their performance last night. You guys must have a hate/love relationship going with the Bears.

Ku shared the title in 05 with Ou, in 06 and 08 with Texas. In all of those titles they lost the head to head game. They still put the trophies in the case. Thats how a round robin works. If Ku wanted the title outright, they shouldn't have lost to 2 unranked teams. Kstate beat Baylor twice, Ou twice and Tcu twice, something Ku couldn't do. Its a conference title, not who is best between two teams. Kstate didn't match up with Ku well, but they were matched up with other teams in the b12 better than Ku.

Ku shared the title in 05 with Ou, in 06 and 08 with Texas. In all of those titles they lost the head to head game. They still put the trophies in the case. Thats how a round robin works. If Ku wanted the title outright, they shouldn't have lost to 2 unranked teams. Kstate beat Baylor twice, Ou twice and Tcu twice, something Ku couldn't do. Its a conference title, not who is best between two teams. Kstate didn't match up with Ku well, but they were matched up with other teams in the b12 better than Ku.

I don't have a problem with KU sharing the title with K-state. In my thoughts we don't deserve to win a title when we lost to TCU. I did hate the fact we both lost yesterday. I would have prefered we both won if it was going to end up in a tie. Baylor is a good team with a poor coach. I will disagree that K-state matches up better with those three teams. KU gets everybodies best shot game after game. It is a big deal to beat Kansas, it's not a big deal to beat K-state. Baylor wanted the game more than KU, they got career nights from three players. KU looked flat. Ellis did give a glimpse of his future, he is going to be a stud next year.

The way to beat Ku is to have a big guy that can shoot outside the lane. It pulls Withey from under the basket and opens things up. Kstate doesn't have a big that can do that. All the teams that have beaten Ku do. I'm not sure any b12 team is going far in the tourney, I hope I'm wrong.

All Right, KU lost!!!
I am out of the country and didn't have internet access all last night and today.

Wish the Cats could have beating OSU, but the team played well most of the games this season, other than the two KU games.

Big 12 Champs in Football and Basketball in the same year.

How many other KS schools have done that? :D

The way to beat Ku is to have a big guy that can shoot outside the lane. It pulls Withey from under the basket and opens things up. Kstate doesn't have a big that can do that. All the teams that have beaten Ku do. I'm not sure any b12 team is going far in the tourney, I hope I'm wrong.

While I would agree that is a good plan, that is not what did Kansas in last night. Nobody could get in front of Jackson last night. He smoked us time and time again. Reliford and Johnson did a poor job defending him. Neither played with much intensity or focus. Withey, johnson, reliford had 20 pts total. We are not winning if those three don't have at least 30 total. Withey had 4 blocks in the first half, but defended lazily and got in foul trouble which is unusual for him. Offensively, they didn't feed the post well and once again sloppy with the ball. As talented as Mclemore is, he is not a good ball handler or passer.

If you want to teach a kid what a jump shot is suppose to look like, just have them watch film of Mclemore shooting. Its picture perfect.

If you want to teach a kid what a jump shot is suppose to look like, just have them watch film of Mclemore shooting. Its picture perfect.

No doubt. It is a thing of beauty. He also seems to be a good kid. Real understated and not cocky or arrogant at all. Shame he couldn't stay here a couple more years. He is from a real poor family so the money will get him out.

Oh I know how the Big 12 championships are determined, I was just tweaking you and Setternut for the "squawkhawks" and "Chickenhawks" comments. :)

I don't have an issue sharing the championship with KSU, KU had the opportunity and ran into a desperate Baylor team that played to its potential for once. How Drew gets such players as Austin and Jackson to Baylor is puzzling. He really sucks as a coach. Sharing something every 36 years isn't such a bad thing after all!

I see two teams in the Big 12 that might be able to put a run together and make it to the Final 4. Those two teams are OSU and KU. Both have the types of players that can carry a team like Danny Manning did KU in 88. Both can score from the inside and the outside, although OSU has a better outside game than KU IMO. Teams that live by the 3 die by the 3 as the cliche goes and it almost impossible to string together 6 games relying on the 3 pointer.

While KSU has a nice team, I think there is huge dropoff from Rodriguez and McGruder to the next players. Spradling really is questionable to me as far as being able to play at the D-1 level. Sometimes the sum of the whole is more than the sum of the piece parts though.

Weber had a nice year with Frank Martin's team. The knock on him has always been recruiting. Will be interesting to see what he does over the next 2-3 years.

We will see what happend OSU is just so inconsistant away for home. KU can play well at times then they loose to TCU, K-State has those times where they just cant score, that why they did not bet KU.

Its all fun to watch, you just got to play the games and see what happens,.

April08020.jpg

A little bigger yellow beak and this thing could have been running around in Allen Fieldhouse :eek:

We will see what happend OSU is just so inconsistant away for home. KU can play well at times then they loose to TCU, K-State has those times where they just cant score, that why they did not bet KU.

Its all fun to watch, you just got to play the games and see what happens,.

April08020.jpg

A little bigger yellow beak and this thing could have been running around in Allen Fieldhouse :eek:

Ha! Had to laugh at that one!

Yeah, any team can get on a roll, I remember a certain team from Richmond, VA that sure made all of Jayhawks cry in in our beer. OSU & ISU both are inconsistent away from home so I wouldn't be surprised to see them both go out early. KU for that matter if they play like last night or that head scratcher that they had against TCU. At the same time, I like KU's chances as well, especially if McLemore starts getting more aggressive. As pointed out earlier, he jumpshot is the cleanest, sweetest I've seen in many, many years. If he is taking the shots like he should, KU could be a tough out, especially given that they play tough defense as well.

The Jayhawks could get going and do some damage. The Cat just need to be able to score consistantly and keep playing their normal D. But I don't think the Cats have enough O to get past the big scoring teams.

Duke is your national champion, just mark it down. If Georgetown is in the opposite bracket then they make it to the title game. But it won't matter, Duke is definately the best team in the nation.

47-3 in the last 50 games says it all!

I just wonder where the K-state homers are? C'mon no complaining about the officiating?:D My favorite move was Johnson clowning Spradling with the between the legs dribble:D. K-state will never consistently beat KU as long as Self is the coach. They may eek one out every once and a while but Self will own Webber. Outside of Mcgruder, who I love, and Angel junking up a couple 3's K-state had no offense.

I didn't get to see the game. I was traveling back from a 2 week business trip.

But I am sure that there was something to bitch about in the officiating, KU always gets help from Officiating. ;)

Don't you know, KU has become so skilled at basketball that they no longer commit fouls. It's truly a sight to behold!:rolleyes::cool:

Okay. Bitching over... :cheers:

There were things KSU needed to do in order to keep that game close, and they couldn't deliver. Namely scoring points... The offense was pretty nonexistent, although our D looked pretty impressive in the first half and a couple stretches of the second.

I am overall very impressed with Weber's coaching this season. My only criticism of him has been that he doesn't seem to use timeouts to stop the bleeding when KSU gets in a scoring drought and the other team is pouring on points. If I had a dollar for every time I yelled, "TAKE A F-ING TIMEOUT!!!", well, I could get a couple boxes of pheasant loads... KU can blow a game wide open in just a few minutes, and if you don't stop it they can build a helluva lead really fast. I know, I've seen it happen...:(

9 straight championships... that's a dynasty, and it didn't happen by accident. Self is a great coach who gets great players.

KSU fans are often heartbroken, but always hopeful that next time will be OUR time.:D Still, I've been a season ticket holder since Ass-berry was the coach. So to say I am thrilled at the direction the program is going would be a huge understatement!!!

Last edited:
Back