KU vs K-State

Let's quess an other KU fan who never went there? KU destroyed there "non income" sports so they can play with the big boys, seems like they forgot football! You could agree to play us and prove it out? But you passed on that. By the way, I said, "we are not good", but we'd have great change of whipping the Jayhawk's at the Sprint Center, like we did frequently. I have my "killer Bee tee shirts handy.

Would you like to see my diploma? Or my wife's two? Or the checks I write for tuition every month for my son? I am an alumni and proud of it. I would be happy if we played MU. Self is 14-3 overall against Mizzou since coming to Kansas. That hardly ranks as a frequent beating.

By the way it wasn't the small child crying that made me smile, it was the adults. C'mon it's a freakin game.

I have admitted it was a bad call. The withey/young foul was bad but had no bearing on the game as they both fouled out.

The block/charge call is called wrong at least 5-6 times a game. They wrongly gave Withey a couple of block calls early. He never fouls out. Those things have a way of evening out.

If ISU makes their first throw none of this even happens.

Your right he doesn't feel bad about the dunk. He apologized because Self told him to.

Would you like to see my diploma? Or my wife's two? Or the checks I write for tuition every month for my son? I am an alumni and proud of it. I would be happy if we played MU. Self is 14-3 overall against Mizzou since coming to Kansas. That hardly ranks as a frequent beating.

By the way it wasn't the small child crying that made me smile, it was the adults. C'mon it's a freakin game.

I have admitted it was a bad call. The withey/young foul was bad but had no bearing on the game as they both fouled out.

The block/charge call is called wrong at least 5-6 times a game. They wrongly gave Withey a couple of block calls early. He never fouls out. Those things have a way of evening out.

Your right he doesn't feel bad about the dunk. He apologized because Self told him to.

It's all a game. Wish we had the barn burners of the old Big Eight. basketball, pre-season, post season, and twice in conference. now we see Mississippi St., Auburn, but at least we don't have TCU, and last but not least Texas, but we do have DeLoss Dodds mouth!

Like I said in my post, I have no problem with the block/charge non call. It is a very VERY difficult one to make (I know, I played and have reffed before) especially at the speed that it was made at. The wrong call was when both players were scrambling for the ball on the ground.

The Withey non call had PLENTY of impact on the game. He changes the game. Rebounds, ALTERED shots, he changes another teams strategy. He stayed in for most of the overtime. While he is in, he changes the game. If he doesn't change the game, why is he even in the game? It had a huge impact as he played for another what, three, four minutes of the five that is in overtime? Whenever Withey is in a game he affects how the other team plays. So that call was blown, plain and simple. Hell, Young fouled out before Withey did. You kidding me?

And if ISU hits a free throw here and there, it's all a non issue. They aren't lacking at fault, cause they are. Even with all of that, they should/could have won.
But the officiating was poor at best. Very poor.

Yeah it's a game, but obviously they care enough to feel emotion... I mean, come on, if someone is posting about it, on a pheasant hunting message board, clearly it means something to them too.

Except me. :D

Awesome, I missed the game and am traveling. That was sweet.
I assume KU won.

You missed a good one. One second left, score was tied and Baylor had the ball out of bounds at their own goal. The kid threw it the length of the court, over everybody and out of bounds. K-state got one shot and made a three. Tough loss for Baylor ( and KU):D. But yes KU stomped a mud hole in West Virginia and Huggie the crook. Mclemore had 36 I think. We have one more chance when you guys go to Okie St. That will be a tough one.

You missed a good one. One second left, score was tied and Baylor had the ball out of bounds at their own goal. The kid threw it the length of the court, over everybody and out of bounds. K-state got one shot and made a three. Tough loss for Baylor ( and KU):D. But yes KU stomped a mud hole in West Virginia and Huggie the crook. Mclemore had 36 I think. We have one more chance when you guys go to Okie St. That will be a tough one.

Yep, OKie State is good and a tough place to win. But if we win it, we will be big 12 champs in Football and Basketball in the same year :thumbsup

Ku going to play at Baylor won't be a walk in the park. They match up better inside with Ku than most teams. Baylor can definitley beat them if they play good.

Last edited:
That would be nice, but I wish the cats would have played half way decent against KU this year. They were very beatable.

Scott Drew needs a K-State letter jacket. Who's the fool? But one heck of a cheating recruiter;)

The best thing about Drew is he tries to mask all his cheating with the fact he is an awesome family man with these great Christian values:eek:

That would be nice, but I wish the cats would have played half way decent against KU this year. They were very beatable.

KU is in KSU's head in basketball like KSU is in KU's head in football. Next year may be K-State's best chance since KU will lose their starting five, although the Wildcats lose McGruder. KU has some stud recruits coming in and if Randle signs then I think 10 in a row is within reach for the Jayhawks.

I'm still scratching my head over the TCU loss. Never in my 45+ years of following KU basketball have I seen them play that poorly.

I was a student when KSU football finally lost their fear of Nebraska. Intimidation was worth at least two or three touchdowns for the huskers. Too bad they are not in our conference anymore...:(

I think KU will always have a big home advantage, like any basketball school. But it would be nice to get to the point of defending our home court consistently. Hopefully the Cats are on the right track.:D

Well I am traveling for work and will not get to see or here the game.
This is one I would really like tol watch. Its going to be tough to win at OSU, but it can be done.

Where do the Chicken Hawks play?

Squawkhawks play at Baylor. They are 4 pt. favorites we are 6 pt underdogs.

Thanks, and I think that is good that we are the Underdog. might fire us up.
I am going to bet Baylor plays well but not quite well enough to win.

Cat need this one.

Thanks, we were down at half in Manhattan too.

For some reason they don't have the game on in Germany :eek:

anouncers just said that ks only had 4 freethrow attemps,that should change,or its a lottle home court advantage

Back