Youth season

Matt D

Got to take two youths hunting today. First was a young fellow that has been shooting some clay birds with us lately and is a darn good shot. Two birds flushed, two shots and he had his limit in his bag. Next was my niece. She shot clay pigeons for the first time 2 weeks ago and did excellent using a youth model I had in the safe. I bought a youth stock for an 1100 that was her great grandfathers gun originally and gave it to her before today's hunt. She struggled a little with the first few flushes to get on them but then finished strong filling her limit on the last 2 birds. Very proud of her. Looking forward to tomorrow morning to see if we can do it again. Here is a pic of her, the birds, gun and the old man.

157ccau.jpg

Very, very nice! That's a great story and kudos to you for keeping the tradition alive in your family.
Cherish every moment you have with the "ole man".

Another great morning here in the buckeye state. My niece was able to scratch out her limit again. Had a youngster with us that had fun but just couldn't connect on a bird. He has many hunts ahead of him though. His sister killed her first bird with me along about 9 years ago we think so hoping to help him get his first also. Here is another pic of my niece from this morning and also a pic of the young man that hunted yesterday after bird #1. Never gets old seeing the smiles!!

eb6ecj.jpg

34pm61l.jpg

It just doesn't get any better than that! And a big thank you for getting the youth involved and keeping our sport alive.

Any word on your new pup?

It just doesn't get any better than that! And a big thank you for getting the youth involved and keeping our sport alive.

Any word on your new pup?

Thanks. Just heard from "grandpa" and my niece couldn't stop talking about how much fun she had when she got home.

Pup is doing well I am told. He is going to spend some time with FCSpringer to get some basics learned before he comes to us. He has been travelling with Ken to some trials and is eating up the attention he is getting. The wait is terrible but know at the end of the day this was the best option for us at this time.

Great job getting the kids out into the great outdoors. Too many many guys are chasing there own trophies and leaving the kids playing video games at the house. You ought to see the looks I get at shooting range when I have my kids throwing clay pigeons and while I hold the gun up to their shoulders and help them shoot. kudos matt!!:thumbsup:

Back