Youth hunting clothing

padave

I recently had a friends daughter tagging along with us on hunts, I noticed she was having troubles with stickers and wet vegetation, I asked her father why she doesn’t at least have a pair of brush pants/chaps. He replied he has major issues finding any clothing in her size ( small/slim ). Just out of curiosity I did a lite web search and could only things I found for youth ( girls ) was for deer stands and or duck blind bibs and jackets, mostly all camo. Does anybody else struggle with this, are there upland clothes out there?

Even in the heart of pheasant country, brush pants for kids are elusive. However, your friend may be in luck if he's trying to fit a small, slim girl. Here's a link.
https://www.scheels.com/p/youth-master-sportsman-twill-brush-pant/719899-YM211T.html?cgid=girls-apparel#start=1
These are boys/girls pants & they run really slim - in my opinion, too slim. They'll fit a kid who's quite skinny, but it they're normal to a little heavy, they'll be tight. They're made for tall toothpicks. If he finds a waist that'll work, he'll probably have to roll up the cuffs.

I was looking at these chaps online. Mine is also ultra thin and i was not sure if they would work

https://danshuntinggear.com/kids-game-coat.html

As I understand your friend. I spent a long time looking for clothes for my daughter. They went camping and she needed special clothes. But she is so thin and small that it is very difficult to find something suitable for her. But I found a store where I bought her thermal underwear and a lot of cool things. There is a size xs and xxs. This is very convenient! Anyone who has the same problems, I advise you to read more. I hope I helped you! Good luck!

Last edited:
I believe if you contact Dan's they will make chaps that will fit. Maybe look up Mule hunting clothes and they may also

Luckily, my wife can sew. She took a pair of my old Gander Mtn. chaps and cut them down for my 7-year old granddaughter. They're great!

Luckily, my wife can sew. She took a pair of my old Gander Mtn. chaps and cut them down for my 7-year old granddaughter. They're great!

Is that the little cutie—that was so tough on that gsp Puppy in the baby buggy?😀

Back