Yep, this habitat work is starting to pay off, literally!!

jaytee

I've tried to keep you all up to date on my habitat projects this year which included planting 750 shrubs, clearing cedars from a 2 acre hillside area and establishing 6 downed tree structure areas. Well I got everything done and my local Missouri Dept. of Conservation Private Lands Rep came by to do an inspection of my work and hopefully sign off on my cost share application. Well he gave me the thumbs up after doing a walk around, we got to hear a few quail whistleing and he said that I should be recieving a check within a week to 10 days. Well the other day I got a check from the state treasures office and it was for my habitat work. All totaled, I'd spent roughly 350 on the shrubs and 40 on RU for weed control and several gallons of fuel/oil for the chainsaw. I was expecting to get a check for maybe 500 bucks as they cost share 70 percent plus pay for labor. Opened the envelope and the check was for 1460 bucks!!! Needless to say I was very pleased. Now if I can get my neighbors to see the light and the money, maybe we can get things really going around here!! I've already got plans to do about the same thing I did this year so another payday should be ahead which makes it even more worthwhile.

Jaytee,

Great job! :10sign: Now comes the most important work in convincing the neighbors.

Cool wish they would doll out doe here, LOL. Just drains me pocket. But can't take it with on the dirt nap.:D Been seeing 2 roosters and 4 hens in the yard most every day. Now just one rudy. I bet they are nesting.:thumbsup: They like the new field now that it grew up nice. I hear the roosters cackel every hr when out side. Music to the ears. Congrats Jaytee.

:cheers:

jaytee, good for you and good for your state to help with habitat. Having birds around makes it all worth while.:thumbsup:

Springer, Good to have those birds around:) with the nice weather should be perfect for new chicks. I notice there's tons of small bugs in the grass around the yard. I hear roosters all the time at the ranch, been a while since I've seen a hen. The pups and I stay away from the nesting areas for now.:cheers:

I'm headed to the farm next week to do my yearly habitat work--I'll let ya know how it goes.

I've got help form the state( 2 bags of milo seed), my local chapter of PF (1 bag of habitat seed) and the Platte PF group (cost share to plant 5 acre food plot), so I should be able to plant about 15 acres to food plots this year.:thumbsup:

Back