Wyoming and Montana bird hunting

powbass

Thinking about scouting out Wyo, Mt for upland areas. Have no idea where to start. Just me and the dog going on a 4,5 day trip. (have to get back to mow the lawn)HOA slave. Looking for ideas. :cheers:

I also answered your post on another forum and here is what I said:

Depending on what you are looking to hunt I would go to Montana as I believe they have populations of upland birds. Sharptails, Huns, pheasants, etc. Montana also has a lot of Block Management hunting areas open to public hunting. Here's their web site:

http://fwp.mt.gov/hunting/default.html

I've never hunted Montana but hope to make a trip out to eastern Montana in September for some Sharpies and Huns.

Thinking about scouting out Wyo, Mt for upland areas. Have no idea where to start. Just me and the dog going on a 4,5 day trip. (have to get back to mow the lawn)HOA slave. Looking for ideas. :cheers:

I went back in 08 , I visited with upland bioligist , looked over harvest reports block management land . Read books on Hun hunting by Ben O Williams .

The birds where there and we were not disappointed harvested Huns , sharpies , pheasant , ducks .

Porcupines were a problem for us , I would have a plan for them .

I went back in 08 , I visited with upland bioligist , looked over harvest reports block management land . Read books on Hun hunting by Ben O Williams .

The birds where there and we were not disappointed harvested Huns , sharpies , pheasant , ducks .

Porcupines were a problem for us , I would have a plan for them .

Totally agree with the above as I go to MT every year...

My main focus now a days are Huns and Sharpies. Call the Biologist and ask away!

Back