WTB Pheasant near KC Area

Lanerjo

I am looking to buy a few pheasant and a few quail - locally. I live in Olathe and would be willing to drive about 30-45 minutes to pick up a few pheasant. These birds would be primarily for the family to try (eat).

Neither the kids nor the GF have ever had pheasant or quail. This would make a special treat for everyone including myself. Especially before the season starts.

I am looking to buy a few pheasant and a few quail - locally. I live in Olathe and would be willing to drive about 30-45 minutes to pick up a few pheasant. These birds would be primarily for the family to try (eat).

Neither the kids nor the GF have ever had pheasant or quail. This would make a special treat for everyone including myself. Especially before the season starts.

Try ed davis up in smithville, he usually has some for sale. I don't know his number off hand, but he is usually reasonable enough. Sometimes he advertises in craigslist under the sporting section

There are a few game bird farms/hunting preserves within driving distance to Olathe. I live 10 miles south of ya and have been to a couple different preserves. The best way to try em is to do a half day hunt. I was going to go today but they were booked up. So here I am on the net wastin time. Lol.

My GF took her hunter safety yesterday so I took her out to Cokeley just north of Topeka. We had 8 pheasants placed and took home 7... She is not too bad of a shot.

The guide kept telling us chukar would have been a better first hunt bird. I wanted her to get into a hard to hit bird first time out so she doesn't get too spoiled.

All in all was a great time. What are some of the others around here a little bit closer?

Back