would of, could of, should of - My trip to Kansas

beaker

would of - liked for my new pup to have hunted with us, but had to rush him to the emergency "room" the first morning because of extreme vomiting and weight loss

could of - done a lot of things differently - "hindsight is 20/20"

should of - turned around and headed back home

after five days at the vet, two rounds of barium, 30 X-rays, 5 blood tests, 2 postponed abdominal "exploratory" surgeries - the little guy finally crapped out a wad of rope; never been so thankful to watch a dog have a bowel movement

he is now 40 pounds and is emaciated; he lost 8 pounds during the ordeal, not out of the weeds yet but things are looking better

thanks to all the wonderful folks in Kansas that helped keep him going

would of - liked for my new pup to have hunted with us, but had to rush him to the emergency "room" the first morning because of extreme vomiting and weight loss

could of - done a lot of things differently - "hindsight is 20/20"

should of - turned around and headed back home

after five days at the vet, two rounds of barium, 30 X-rays, 5 blood tests, 2 postponed abdominal "exploratory" surgeries - the little guy finally crapped out a wad of rope; never been so thankful to watch a dog have a bowel movement

he is now 40 pounds and is emaciated; he lost 8 pounds during the ordeal, not out of the weeds yet but things are looking better

thanks to all the wonderful folks in Kansas that helped keep him going

Sounds like a rough trip. Glad to hear the pup is doing okay. Hope you both get another shot at it before the season closes.

I've had a dog that had to be opened up because of that and I know what it's like. I'm real glad to hear that he is doing well though.

John

them dogs!

I know how it is.. had to crack my momma bitt at 6 months to see if she ate a sock. Then her son ate and oak stick and had to have it removed from his rear end @ 12 weeks. also had a britt run into a barbed wire fence and split her tongue down the length in SD and had to drive to KC to have it fixed at the " speciality vet". Drove all night with her bleeding on my lap. All have survived to be fine dogs.

My vet now give me 30 days terms.

My new motto is " it could been worse"

Beaker, sorry to hear that!!!!! Hope the pup gets back to it soon, instead of making unmemorable trips!!!!! Good luck!!!:thumbsup:

Back