working dog nutrition

Are any of you feeding Taste of The Wild dog food? Whats your experience and results.I am switching to the TOTW Wetlands formula from the Nutro Hi Protein and Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance Potato & Duck Dry Dog Food that I have been feeding for years...they have three formula I have heard that there are some that feed all three formulas by alternating the formula each feeding...

Feed Solid Gold Barking at the Moon to my pointer and SG Wolf king to my lab. Used to also use Wellness I like both brands. They are top notch dog foods.

I've fed TOTW in the past. To be honest it wasn't enough calories for my younger shorthair. Coat, stools etc.. were fine, just had a hard time maintaining weight. Might be ok for some as a maintenance feed though. That and it only came in 30lb bags for the same price as others in 40# sizes.

Anyway that was my experience yours may be different.

Question? why were you feeding the Dick Van Patton Potatoe and duck. Typically those are allergy formulas... Low protein and fat percentages and not exactly the feed for hard working sporting breeds.

Last edited:
Back