Women's Upland Clothing

jackrabbit

Do any of you have any recommendations for a pair of Women's Upland Hunting pants?

I would like to get my wife out pheasant hunting with me a few more times, and to increase the chances of her being in the field more often and for longer periods of time, I think it is important to be comfortable. I would like to get her a pair of women's specific pants but from what I can find, there really isn't much out there? I always listen to Pheasant Forever's "On the Wing" Podcast (would highly recommend to any of you...) and occasionally they have had women or beginner hunters on there and I have heard them mention that there just isn't much out there for women's upland clothing and men's clothing just doesn't fit a women's body right. I don't know if I really believed it until I started searching for a pair.

Do any of you female hunters or husbands that hunt with your wives, have any recommendations for a pair of pants that are under $100? There were a few out there closer to $200, but I really don't want to spend that much just yet when she hasn't hunted much at all before.

I bought my wife a nice pair at Prois a couple years ago. Good quality pants. Got them at the end of the season on clearance. Unfortunately there is just not as much upland apparel available for women as there is for men. I think some of the big name places like Orvis, Filson might have some but at a heavy hit $$$$$$

I bought my wife a nice pair at Prois a couple years ago. Good quality pants. Got them at the end of the season on clearance. Unfortunately there is just not as much upland apparel available for women as there is for men. I think some of the big name places like Orvis, Filson might have some but at a heavy hit $$$$$$

I did come across some in those brands, and they were pricey.... $150-200. Ordered a pair of Brownings from Scheels. I was just a little shocked at the lack of clothing. We had a few Cabela's gift cards, so I figured I'd do a search there and at least have a few options to choose from. They had zero.

Yeah that is probably an option as well. I guess I have never actually worn chaps, I've always been brush pants person, so I didn't even think of those.

Check out Duluth Trading—

See if they make a women’s equivalent of their Fire Hose work pants—I no longer buy any “field pants” except for a gore-tex model after using the fire hose pants in the field-just a suggestion—

My wife got a pair of women's upland pants from LL Bean last year and she really likes them. Around $90 dollars or so if I remember correctly.

Back