wolfs and bird dogs

mmelton

more and more wolfs I here are in the UP. I have heard of some bear hounds getting killed by wolfs anyone hear of many attacks on bird dogs

more and more wolfs I here are in the UP. I have heard of some bear hounds getting killed by wolfs anyone hear of many attacks on bird dogs

I have friends who go up there a few times a year. They come back saying the same thing. "the woods are dead", "there's nothing up there". Obviously there's still wildlife up in that area, but not what it was. The locals are saying the same thing. :(

One friends was trapping last year and ended up with a wolf on the other end of his traps:eek: The Fed's got involved. It was a mess. Everything turned out okay once they found out he was not the one shooting wolves. Nevertheless it was a mess.

I went to college i ely mn in 2001. Me and skooby my mut dog would hunt grouse on the logging trails. One time we encounter a timber wolf that kept crossing the trail about 30 yards in front of us. He definetly had his eyes on my dog. needless to say i let him know i was there:cool:

Back