Wirehaired vizslas

Michael

Greetings

Interested in North American breeders or people who have hunted with, or spent time around, Wirehaired vizslas.

Mike from Mead

I ran into 1 at our akc test. Was needing 1 pass for mh.
Guys never swept/cleaned the field before the 1st brace. Poor dog got into the middle of about 60 pheasants of all sizes and that was that.

Lady brought the dog back that evening to do a practice run. Once again the dog got into a large group of birds and broke. I told her correct him when he moves. We put him on a spot where I marked about 6 birds go down. He pointed but moved she made the correction and he was good. Found another couple birds and he was staunch.
Walking back a 1/4 mile to the truck dog started limping. She kept him quiet over night and the next day he ran again. He didn't pass due to poor retrieve.

I chewed the judges out after the first day so the second day they worked multiple dogs multiple runs to clear the field.

Was my buddies ground and I told them when it was offered to them that it was full of wild birds. They confided in me it was as full of birds as anyplace they had ever seen.

Greetings

Interested in North American breeders or people who have hunted with, or spent time around, Wirehaired vizslas.

Mike from Mead
I provided a link below to a US breeder and they seem like a good place to start. I don't know them personally and can't speak to their breeding program. They started with Hungarian lines which I would take as a positive. I would also get in touch with the Wirehair Vizsla Association. They might be able to provide additional information on the breed and breeders. Good luck.

Pivot Kennels: puppies-and-breeding

I provided a link below to a US breeder and they seem like a good place to start. I don't know them personally and can't speak to their breeding program. They started with Hungarian lines which I would take as a positive. I would also get in touch with the Wirehair Vizsla Association. They might be able to provide additional information on the breed and breeders. Good luck.

Pivot Kennels: puppies-and-breeding

Much appreciated Mosby!

Back