Williansburg area

Labman500

Just curious, I hunted the williamsburg area just west of Iowa City, for about 17 years with great success. 5 years ago was my last trip. Hunted all private gounds with great cover. The last year I went the farms had taken all of the land out of crp as well as many surrounding farms. Just wondering what the area is like now. Is the area holding any birds? Has things changed? or are the good old days a thing of History?

Just curious, I hunted the williamsburg area just west of Iowa City, for about 17 years with great success. 5 years ago was my last trip. Hunted all private gounds with great cover. The last year I went the farms had taken all of the land out of crp as well as many surrounding farms. Just wondering what the area is like now. Is the area holding any birds? Has things changed? or are the good old days a thing of History?

Last time I was there was about ten years ago with great results. Unfortunately things have continued to change, but not in our favor. Just talked to a friend over by Deep River and they lost a 200 acre crp field to the plow that was in the family. Dad got almost $6000 / acre, farm ground too expensive for crp to pay.

Back