Wiha

duckn66

Is it me or does it look like there isn't as much WIHA this year as last year? Specifically in the far NW.

It rotates in and out a lot every year. Outfitters in KS make the WIHA program very hard to maintain. It's been as struggle from day one as well as people not being respectful of the land.

Has a lot to do with farm programs, crop rotations, and the respect we show when on their property. If we leave it better than we found it and not look like a travelling circus while we are there, we should be able to expect those favored spots to be there for the long-term.

All the spots I like to hunt are still in the program. And I try to remember to pick up trash along the road if I see any.

I pulled up to one of my favorite spots a couple of years ago and someone had cleaned their quail there. Left there latex gloves and beer cans. I always pick up others trash to include spent hulls which I find.

I pulled up to one of my favorite spots a couple of years ago and someone had cleaned their quail there. Left there latex gloves and beer cans. I always pick up others trash to include spent hulls which I find.

Latex gloves...pansies.

My friends are always donning gloves for cleaning birds too... Now they have my kids doing it. Never seen the need, especially after being elbow-deep in a deer's chest cavity. Birds are child's play.

I have never used latex gloves to clean birds or deer. However a couple years ago i was at a fish cleaning station with an old retired guy wearing latex gloves to clean fish. We started chatting... since then I wear latex gloves when cleaning fish. My hands don't smell like fish when I am done and it makes my wife happy that i dont stink when I get home. I know guys are making fun of me in there head when they see me wearing the gloves... but they go home smelling like an old dumpster.

I never understood the latex glove thing while cleaning birds. What's next, wearing them when you wipe your a$$.

Been seeing those laying around the pull in spots the last several years. I chalked it up to the KC boys.

those dummies ought to put those gloves in a trash bag and not throw them on the ground
your dog will eat them and it can be a real problem

This thread has reminded me that I need to be sure and restock latex gloves in my dog box storage for this weekend. Thanks guys!

Back