Wife looking for a O/U

Never handled one (redhead), but the usual criteria come into play - budget (!), fit, weight, 'prettiness' (I'm talking about the gun, although I'm sure the wife is pretty too!). I think that's probably in order of importance when deciding. So budget and fit are pretty clear. But weight comes into it in an important way I think - it's a balancing act. Sure, smaller people like carrying lighter guns, but they also recoil more. I have an ultralight beretta 686 that I don't use anymore. A friend's wife was looking for a gun. When she first picked it up she was clearly excited about how light it was. But 25 rounds later (.target loads) she was less impressed - it kicks like an angry mule! But on the on the other hand, lugging around an 8.5 lb Citori is probably not much fun for her either. The redhead is listed about 7.7 lbs - perhaps a pretty good compromise.
But does your friend know that Valentine's Day is over, right?:D

Shes looking for a 12 ga? Ive shot a Redhead Deluxe for many years. Its been problem free and I hit about 6% of the birds I shoot at. It isnt a light gun.

OU for the wife

When I was researching Fabarms for a new shotgun I ran into an OU for women called the Syren. Don't know a thing about them but it looked like a nice gun. They were a little pricey but I'm sure she's worth it. I had an l4s ordered,but caved when the new Sweet 16 came out and ordered that instead. Just thought I'd pass that on.

16?

Are you looking new or used? The old model 90 Marlin 16 gauge is handy and light. Mine handles beautifully and is easy to carry. If you are looking for a shooter this is a good choice.

Back