Why hasn’t the brood report been posted?

Jonjhawk

Is there a reason we haven’t seen this yet? I wait till I see this to decide where to go. Usually it’s within days after the bird report. Are they not posting it this year?

I didn’t think they were even gonna post a report. Back in the day it came out in early September.

SD GFP was ordered not to do one...done...politicians know better...they don't want bad #'s to curtail hunter #'s...many threads about this from about 2-3 months ago...

SD GFP was ordered not to do one...done...politicians know better...they don't want bad #'s to curtail hunter #'s...many threads about this from about 2-3 months ago...

exactly, they all went silent, except for Iowa, not sure if Minnesota posted any numbers or not, not a big pheasant state anyway.

It may just be slowed with people working from home or furloughed. The bird report was fairly late, too. I can’t imagine there’s much good news anyway, the weather is more severe ever year and there’s exponential habitat loss.

Last edited:
not very positive, surprised me, thought it would be better than 2019.
i will probably load up the .28 gauge and hunt a few quail, can always find a couple 3-4 coveys daily.

Purely anecdotal, but I saw more birds while dove hunting and the landowner has been seeing more birds this year. Western portions of SC region.

The report on quail in southeast Kansas sure isn’t consistent with what I and others have been seeing in my area.
I’ll be out there regardless, and will enjoy it whether I get into a lot of birds, or just a few.

I’ve never seen the map before. That’s cool to look at! Pretty bummed at the numbers but my dad brother and I will still be heading west. We are awful hunters but make sure to be safe and have a lot of fun. Last year on opening day we bagged 2 pheasants and were ecstatic. Just hoping for a couple good points from our dogs and hearing the cackle and the flush of the birds as they get up

Is there a reason we haven’t seen this yet? I wait till I see this to decide where to go. Usually it’s within days after the bird report. Are they not posting it this year?
You just need to do a search on ksoutdoors website for pheasant 2020 and maybe include elk count, I found it earlier.

Back