Why do they do it?

I live in a VERY small town and understand the importance of bringing in money to the local economy. What I disagree with is any argument that uses money as a basis for hunting. While today's hunting IS about money, I don't believe it should be. Those on this board that hunt the WIHA do so because they don't have enough or any private land to hunt and/or don't have local connections. That means they don't have enough money or the right connections to lease. The more we make hunting about money, the less the common man will have to hunt. Therefore the money argument, simply shoots those making it, in the foot (pun intended )

Point you missed my point. Without money from licenses there would be no WIHA. So then where would the common man hunt with no connections?

But since we are on the money issue in SD pheasant hunters are the State second leading source of income next to farming. It's the money from licences that made the walk in areas available to those without contacts. So in other words it a win win situation

And on giving out info? Its always better to give than receive and if you can read you can have both.

I think a lot of us give out tips, etc. because we believe in sharing ideas. It is like a big coffee shop and we all have something to pitch in. Someone who is more astute than I may be able to read between the lines and gain some information that will guarantee them instant success. But to me, pheasant hunting is never easy and if I had all the map coordinates to every sweet spot in the state I would still have to get out and work my butt off to bag a few birds. This forum is sort of soothing to the nerves and helps everyone keep their sanity and control the anxiety until the magic day. 9 days and counting.

Good luck.

love to learn

point i tell you what i dont care about peoples places they have to hunt or how good they do here or there what i love about the forum is how much i have learned on here, ive been hunting birds for 20 plus and the way people attack fields this way that way amazes me things i never thought about but they are right i def have an open mind.

I thought there might be three pages of responses when I logged on tonight.:D Lots of good opinions on the subject, I think!:10sign:

Just a quick reply to you, Point, because you quoted me. I don't believe that looking at this site is "lazy". If you want to use this forum as a research tool, then I would consider it to be an additional tool instead of a replacement for your other efforts. I still get a lot of windshield time, I still try to network face-to-face, and I still burn through my fair share of boots. For me, this forum is just a treatment for my bird fever. I enjoy giving my opinions and reading those of others, including yours. This was a good topic. I hope you and your son are successful in the field this season, and I'm sure you will be.:thumbsup:

Point,

I applaud your efforts to teach the young ones that it's the indian not the arrow. The WWW. is suppose to be the information super hwy but unfortunately many youth only use it for mindless entertainment like the tv. And some adults abuse it.

Back