Who let “this” dog out!!!

Seen it many times, it’s almost always right out of the kennel, and first walk of the day. It usually works itself out in my opinion. Although repeat offenders don’t get invited back!

As a guy whose dog can't get on her belly and give up quick enough, aggressive dogs in the field (or anywhere) really bug me. I've hunted with various breeds, males/females, intact, etc.

I'm sure that guy was apologetic and felt dumb, but IMO, if you're the guy with the aggressive/territorial dog, then you are the one that needs to kennel 'em up. Glad to hear your pup seems to have processed the scenario well.

Years ago I was hunting with a couple guys and one of them had a big shorthair and I had my big chessie male out also. Before we got them out I asked if his male was good with other males and he said yes. Knowing mine was ok with other dogs we let them out and introduced them. Neither seemed interested in one another. They took off and my chessie was hunting while his GSP was marking his spot.

That big GSP went over and layed into my chessie. Well, needless to say that big GSP took a major butt whipping and after that he was good to go. I guess he wanted to see where he stood. Well, he didn’t stand, he had an 80lb chessie standing over him daring him to move. Lol.

Sometimes you never know but I’m your case there was some good concern ahead of time.

Back