where to hunt in sd

gsp4life

hey guys i'm new to the fourm and have always hunted in kansas. so this year i wanted to make a week trip to sd. i live in colorado so i was thinking of hunting on the nebraska border but have no idea where i would get into birds. i go hunting by myself and my two gsp's. any advice on where to go. any input would be greatly appreciated. thanks alot derrick

GSP, welcome to the forum. I don't hunt that much public in SD like I did in my Iowa days but I do have a feel for where good bird numbers are. In SD they call it the golden triangle. This is an area in between Mitchell, Aberdeen and Winner.

Pick yourself up a SD GFP atlas from their website and concentrate on areas with a lot of public ground. Gregory/Tripp counties are best furthest south.

Hunting pressure begins to subsude after 3rd week in season.

Good luck!

thank you for the reply. sd game and fish has that in the mail for me. are there alot of walk ins in that area. and are the people there as nice as they are in kansas as far as a place to go hunt? sorry for all the questions i just want to make it a good trip for me and the dogs thanks again derrick

Back