Where to go?

Goatman

OK, Brought the gun, the gear, and the dog to Deaver for the annual family visit...
Planning on taking the dog for a walk..

Anyone able to provide any guidance as far as where to go? any public areas? what are the licensing options?

There are some family areas that we may walk, but I am also looking at taking an adventure..

Any help is appreciated.

Goatman

Lots and Lots

of tracks in the snow!..

We hunted private property, my wife's uncle's place... a mile of creek bottom with the top side of a very large grease wood and rabbit brush patch, almost a half mile across. pulled up in the pickup.. Rooster flushed across the road in front of us.. I am thinking this is going to be fun..

Cassidy was following those running birds all over the place, but they had no reason to get up.. much too vast for us, 2 guys and a very experienced GSP.

Did some of the irrigation canal bottoms, again, good cover, lots of tracks, but nothing flushed, except a flock of Huns that were out of range.

Moved to another creek bottom near Lovell... Massive cover... tracks everywhere! FINALLY got a Wiley Cock to flush, long shot left to right cross.. missed. The cover was impassible in spots.

Took a few back roads back to Deaver, and of course those roosters were out on non-hunting sections.... laughing all the way.. Ho Ho Ho..

So, overall it was a learning experience as the terrain was so different from the plains of Colorado-Nebraska, the birds were there, just no reason to flush.. I hope to try again next year..

Goatman

Back