where are the Pheasant this time of the year?

I am hunting the same CRP Fields I did during Youth Season and not finding anything. Where do the Pheasant go this time of the year? I have only found them in the thickest brush that I really don't want to hunt because I have one old dog. In the thick brush they seem to be in big groups.

If you are hunting public , this is when all the pressure starts to really move the birds out and make them spooky. We really had to work for the ones we got. Found a few in CRP but mostly in brush. Wish we would have just concentrated on quail. They were in really big coveys and holding tight!!

This time of year, they bunch up in thick cover, on the edge of coolees with water. They are very spooky, and it's hard to get into gun range.They flush wild, and fly a long ways.

We had lots flush into the unharvested corn.

I usually hunt the first two weeks, but I have hunted up to Christmas and never had it this hard.

Hunting over Christmas break and January has always provided the best hunting for me. Once all the novices quit hunting and the pressure of deer and pheasant hunting diminishes.

I have to agree , saw a lot of deer hunters last week. Ive got nothing against them , they pay to play just like I do.

I have to agree , saw a lot of deer hunters last week. Ive got nothing against them , they pay to play just like I do.

All I know is hunting private ground on Saturday in a hard to access spot with a pretty rough road, I saw a couple "slow moving" trucks come cruising by the field checking to see if they could shoot a deer out of their truck.

I have lost 2 good hunting spots due to "deer hunters"..... really sucks as one of those spots has 5-6 coveys.

Back