When is enough enough?

Ericb

I was just discussing bird guns with someone and I got to thinking about the shotguns I own. It seems I may have a problem, as I really had to think about how many I have. I even forgot about one the first time I did the mental inventory. I'm bidding on yet another on gunbroker. I have no idea why I always seem to need another one, and I can't think of any that I'd be willing to part with. Has anyone else found themselves in this situation? If so, what did you do about it? I'm kind of joking but it does make me wonder.

Gunbroker is the worst thing to happen to me in a long time. I guess I've bought five or six guns off of it. I didn't need any of them. They were a good deal and just reached out to me. There is no cure for the problem. I went to a "Gun Buyers Anonymous" meeting to try to break the habit. Picked up a nice SXS.

I'm winning a gun now that I don't need. I have the same model in 28 and 16 so I figured a guy should also have it in 20.

When asked why do I have so many guns, the answer is simple. We live in a land of excess. My wife and I have a 5 bedroom home, just the two of us. We have 5 T.V. sets, we have 4 vehicles, because we life in a land of excess, my wife has about 40 purses and at least that many pair of shoes. We have three refrigerators plus an additional freezer, we shop at Sam's club were pickles come in a 5 gallon bucket. We both have three sets of golf clubs two at home and one set in Florida, we have three time shares, because we live in a land of excess. I have at least 9 fishing rods, and three tackle boxes so why can I not have as many guns as I want?

When asked why do I have so many guns, the answer is simple. We live in a land of excess. My wife and I have a 5 bedroom home, just the two of us. We have 5 T.V. sets, we have 4 vehicles, because we life in a land of excess, my wife has about 40 purses and at least that many pair of shoes. We have three refrigerators plus an additional freezer, we shop at Sam's club were pickles come in a 5 gallon bucket. We both have three sets of golf clubs two at home and one set in Florida, we have three time shares, because we live in a land of excess. I have at least 9 fishing rods, and three tackle boxes so why can I not have as many guns as I want?

Wow, hard to follow that.

Me, I've reached the point where I resolve to keep the total number the same. When it gets to the point nothing will be able to replace anything I have, I'm done.

Of course I cheat by giving some to my kids, they don't count towards the total.

I'm winning a gun now that I don't need. I have the same model in 28 and 16 so I figured a guy should also have it in 20.

All of mine are in 12ga. If I start adding different bore sizes... I... oh no.

it is an addiction. for the longest time it was long range rifles then pistols then semi shotguns now for whatever reason i want more 28s then i need. just saw a browning camo o\u for ducks. i keep telling my wife they only cost a couple hundred each. i guess she will be pleasantly surprised when i pass and she sells them.

it is an addiction. for the longest time it was long range rifles then pistols then semi shotguns now for whatever reason i want more 28s then i need. just saw a browning camo o\u for ducks. i keep telling my wife they only cost a couple hundred each. i guess she will be pleasantly surprised when i pass and she sells them.

No, you just better hope she doesn't sell them for what you said you paid.

I plan on giving mine away when I can no longer use them for their intended purpose, my son has no interest in hunting, and I would never think of selling them.

I will keep you in mind, a friend of mine has three English shotguns, I am in for his Holland & Holland, Purdey and his Boswell. I try to stay American with LeFever, L.C. Smith, Fox and Parker

Seriously though, I have had people tell me they will be giving their guns to some young hunter when they can no longer use them. I think that's tremendous! My younger son has a gun he received, and although it's not of high value, he appreciates it more than any other. It will always be special.

Well, I did it again. Stopped in a gun shop today. Walked out with a 1954 Ithaca 37 pump. 95% condition. The gun was marked with a low price, probably because it's not tactical enough for some. The checkering on the grip is still sharp. I console myself because I got a great deal, $300 plus tax. But it's so nice I almost don't want to take it hunting. I'm sure I'm done this time. Really.

Odenny,

I'm in Indiana and FLA so any guns you need to find a home for can be accomplished easily and quickly.

But I don't need any golf clubs, TV sets or bedrooms! And my wife sure as heck doesn't need any more purses or shoes.

Back