What's your favorite dog song?

You know that to me was beautiful. I enjoyed but it also put the old fear in me. I'm 75 and Tony is 9. I fear what I'd do without him and him without me. For you see the reality of this happening is all to clear and near.---Bob

Bob,

Ain't that the truth. You've got a few years on me, but this was my wife's response a few months ago when I was thinking of getting a new pup. She said; "If you're going to get another dog I wish you would do it sooner than later, because I don't want the dog to out live you." I still love the woman! :)

By the way, I got that new pup in January.

George

George you are lucky my wife says. I have to wait until Tony is on his last legs hunting before I can get another pup. I too still love her dearly!! Even after 53 years of together.---Bob

This is my favorite it is not to long so I posted it.

Rainbow Bridge Poem.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Ol Red

This is probably not as sentimental as some of the others, but Ol Red by Blake Sheldon brings a smile to my face every time I hear it.
Bucky

Keep on at It.

You know that to me was beautiful. I enjoyed but it also put the old fear in me. I'm 75 and Tony is 9. I fear what I'd do without him and him without me. For you see the reality of this happening is all to clear and near.---Bob

Just keep on going, Bob, you and the dog together. It's a hard-to-beat combination for happiness.

Last edited:
CB, I intend too. Tony has a personality that I have never seen in a Brittany before. I have them for over 40 years. He is a happy-go-lucky type, everybody and most everything is his friend. He loves to play even at 9 he is still acting like a pup at times. Good: I cannot tell how good he is. I mean hunting and in the house. He just seems to know what to do and when to do it. Yes, he truly is a rare one that will be a tough act to follow. Here is a grabber for you; If he wants something done; like go for a run. I'm busy or want to wait a bit. He goes to Shirl my wife. He nudges her to get her attention. Then sits in front of her and Glares at me. Yes, He literally glares. Why he thinks she can make me do it. I don't know, but he does.---Bob

Planning Ahead

You obviously love your dog (and vice versa) so it is good idea to have a contingency plan. Do you know someone who would love your dog and give him the kind of life you have (or close)? You should talk to that person about taking the dog should something happen. You'll feel more peace of mind. As for how you will cope should something happen to your dog, that is a tough question. Your life expectancy is longer than the dog's so maybe its time to consider a new dog to be a companion to both you and the dog until the older dog's life has come to end after a happy life thanks to you. You're all heart, so I am sure you will come with a plan.

BritChasher, I don't need an plan if something should happen to me. Don't think for an instant my wife Shirl would give up Tony and visa-versa. They both love each other. The only thing that keeps me #1. Is I take him running and hunting. When in the house he lays close to her and chews his raw-hide bone, more than he does to me. The other part of the plan is to get a Brit Pup from Brittany Rescue, here in Spokane. That is when the time comes. Tony is a very jealous dog and it will take some doing to get another dog while he is alive.....Bob

Kiotehntr, I see what you mean it was very touching. Thank you ....Bob

Back