whats in the woods?

blackcloud27

hi. any one seeing much wildlife? been chasing yotes and cant believe how dead the woods are. dont even see any rabbits or their tracks. very few deer up north. they seem to have changed thier habits. they all moved and herded up on leased land

hi. any one seeing much wildlife? been chasing yotes and cant believe how dead the woods are. dont even see any rabbits or their tracks. very few deer up north. they seem to have changed thier habits. they all moved and herded up on leased land

Over here on the east side of the state people are not seeing any deer moving usually i can go to Iowa City on I 80 and see a bunch of deer in the farm fields.

Coot, it looks like your problem is that you moved to Antarctica! All you've got up there are Caribou, Wolves, and Snowshoe hares!

I have noticed over the last couple of years that wildlife in general seems to be dwindling. I know Rabbits are on a, what is it, 8 year cycle? I wonder if we're just in the down years of the cycle. I'm sure the dwindling habitat isn't helping any species though.

Wow you noticed my location change:thumbsup: Just having alittle fun with the cold spell were having. feels like antartica:) Should give you a prize (don't have any UPH caps:mad:) You the first to ever notice I've changed it many times.

Wow you noticed my location change:thumbsup: Just having alittle fun with the cold spell were having. feels like antartica:) Should give you a prize (don't have any UPH caps:mad:) You the first to ever notice I've changed it many times.

You in the witness protection program??:):)

I've noticed it a little bit. I just about hit a deer last night in Indianola though. :eek: Caught me off guard and saw 4 of them. I've been seeing a bunch in town though. Also saw a coyote in town last night.

Well I went yote hunting last nite really bright out. Theres plenty of animals in the woods just not the ones you want to see alot of. Yes the fox pro spitfire caller works. 3 owls 2 yotes and a deer 15 feet from me:) I didn't get to shoot a yote one came from the north and ran to the one to the south:mad: Ran right by me on the other side of river. I really got to work on setup I'm new at hunting yotes better buy a book. Aleast I'm seeing them:)

I forgot, I about hit 2 bald eagles on the side of the road while they were pecking away at a dead deer. Never seen one inside of 15-20 feet and they were huge!!! :eek: Even bigger than they look while flying.

Well I went yote hunting last nite really bright out. Theres plenty of animals in the woods just not the ones you want to see alot of. Yes the fox pro spitfire caller works. 3 owls 2 yotes and a deer 15 feet from me:) I didn't get to shoot a yote one came from the north and ran to the one to the south:mad: Ran right by me on the other side of river. I really got to work on setup I'm new at hunting yotes better buy a book. Aleast I'm seeing them:)

Just bought a new yote rifle, I figure that why I can shoot something year round. And I get a new rifle. Have you tried the dead rabbit shaking decoys coot?

I got a mojo critter. Never used it last nite didn't think they'd see it and really didn't want to walk on the river. Streams and tile run into the river there. What kind of rifle you get? I bought a Marlin .270 shoots nice at targets someday I'll figure out where I should setup for coyotes:)

I got a mojo critter. Never used it last nite didn't think they'd see it and really didn't want to walk on the river. Streams and tile run into the river there. What kind of rifle you get? I bought a Marlin .270 shoots nice at targets someday I'll figure out where I should setup for coyotes:)

I got a Savage 111 in .223. I got one of the combo kits with a scope and case with it. I saw what they were suggesting for retail price, and am glad I went through my dad's store. Still gotta buy the decoy.

i went pheasant hunting the 8,9,10 and was surprised at the number of birds i saw yes in IOWA!!! you had to chase them from the woods,cattails and food plots all other cover was snowed in. it was a lot of work and we couldn't get close to them but we all had fun any way.

went yote hunting friday saw lots of pheasants. some groups were over 100 birds:) deer have all moved to the heavy timber and willows. when you see deer there are usually 40 or more in the group. lots of yote sign. called 5 different areas and called in yote on 2 of them. missed the first one of the day 600+ yard shot. he winded me so i took a poke at him. must have been close he jumped straight up than ran away. FINALLY shot my first yote ever. have called lots in but something always seemed to go wrong. shot a 34# male with a perfect pelt:) will be talking to taxidermist monday. what made it speacil was oldest son was with me. had a great day.

Back