Whats for Supper?

Now, I'm enjoying Kens recipe. My thoughts!! HOLY CRAP MAN!!! Thanks Ken :eek: Now I'm going to sit here and founder myself. :)

GOOD is NOT the word for it. SO GOOD does not give it justice.

I thought I thawed three roosters, close, this was 2 old long spurs and a old Sharptail. I breasted and took the legs of the Sharptail. The pheasants, I cut them up boned all like I would a chicken. It was faster for me.

Anyway, You have some old roosters? these ARE! melting in the mouth.

Got to go for now.

Thanks Ken for the recipe. :cheers:

It was good stuff wasn't it. um um um! FC style rooster and twice baked potatoes.
Thanks FC!:thumbsup:

DSCN3410.jpg

looks good. Hard to be exact on trying to tell someone how you cook something on the net. Maybe I will video it some time. I have the fried meat almost covered in the cream to start. It evaporates and leaves kinda a sweet gravy like covering. Adding some big saut?ed mushrooms 3/4 way through some times is another nice touch. The best cream is if you can find some grandma that still knows how to make real whole cream. Man that's good. I had a friend in ND that showed me this. They call it creamed dunga out there. I make sure I use lots of lowerys too. So you can see the orange specs in the flour. Next time I make it I will use the go pro.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I had warmed leftovers last night, still another big meal.
I did it all in a large covered Pirex, glass cover.
For taters I put 4 large whole ones in on top. Cooked about 3 1/2 hours total.
That big old Sharptail was done perfectly, along with the roosters.

I doubt if I've has better gravy. :10sign:

It was good stuff wasn't it. um um um! FC style rooster and twice baked potatoes.
Thanks FC!:thumbsup:

DSCN3410.jpg

Good Job! Got a recipe for the twice baked potatoes?

Made up my own recipe for pheasant thighs and made a stew/gumbo. It turned out great! May need to back off the pepper just a little for the wife next time.

Good Job! Got a recipe for the twice baked potatoes?

The first baking is in the microwave. I'll place the potatoes in a produce bag with a 1/2 a teaspoon of water and then tie it shut. You cook em 5 minutes on and 5 minutes off, for total of 12 minutes cook time. if you cook them straight through the bag will pop.
Let them cool a bit, halve them and scoop them out. Mash lumpy, add sourcream, cheddar and salt and pepper to taste.
Bake on the top rack of the oven at 350 for 15 minutes and another 15 at 425.:cheers:

Today I have a chunk of Muley Round. Not the stuff You could cut with a fork. :eek: About 2 pounds cut up in 1/4 size boiled/simmered for about 4 hours.

In Olive oil about2 pounds of Oriental mix veggies. Sauteing (sp :eek:)
Add the cut up Muley buck with sweet and sour, some soy sauce, some Korean Teriyaki.

The rice is almost done, The bride almost home from work, We're almost ready to dine.

Sure smells like something edible. I'll let you know. :cheers:

Today I have a chunk of Muley Round. Not the stuff You could cut with a fork. :eek: About 2 pounds cut up in 1/4 size boiled/simmered for about 4 hours.

In Olive oil about2 pounds of Oriental mix veggies. Sauteing (sp :eek:)
Add the cut up Muley buck with sweet and sour, some soy sauce, some Korean Teriyaki.

The rice is almost done, The bride almost home from work, We're almost ready to dine.

Sure smells like something edible. I'll let you know. :cheers:

Well you must be sleeping it off cause we didn't hear how it turned out. Sounds good though. I do that with pheasant scraps too

It was a tough old Muley Buck, meat turned out tender with the slow cook.
Not at all bad. :cheers:

Back