What trips do you have planned for this year

Im way over in Grove and have been driving to Beaver...is there public land north of Woodward to hunt?
I shoot prairie dogs just east of Beaver! I have kicked up a few quail in that area.

Heading to Nebraska tomorrow to guide some early hunts later in the month, then off to Wyoming to guide there, then finally to Kansas to finish up the year. Will be a busy 6 months. Should be a really good year in Kansas.

North Dakota in Oct. for pheasants, sharpies and huns, and the same maybe in Dec. as well. South Dakota for pheasants in Oct. or Nov., grouse, geese and doves in Wisconsin in Sept. and Oct. Then deer in Nov. Probably pheasants in MN.

We hunted a farm by Miller.I may go back with a new hunting friend. He's very green, but has a great dog.

For about the last 20 years, I get together with my 2 older brothers and sometimes a few cousins and friends and hunt for a week in ND. My oldest bro lives in ND. We hunt primarily pheasant but also knock down the occasional Hun or sharpie. I use the excuse this is mainly a family reunion, that way my misses don't make me feel as bad! Great times and memories. We've lost a dad and a cousin the last few years, therefore these times mean a lot. Don't take your huntin' buddies for granted!

I just got an email reply from Kenneth Plourde Upland Bird biologist for Montana region 6. He said the Wolf Point area of Montana where t I usually hunt is going to be as dry as 2017. That was the year I first learn how the impact of drought can crash the bird numbers, not to mention the cover. I was shocked when I arrive that year at how the cover was not there and even more shocked when I hunted at the lack of birds.
It looks like I may have to change states. Does anybody have any suggestions? I hear Iowa is coming back to bird number of the past. Has anybody hunted Iowa recently?
I have been hunting NE Montana the past 10 days for Sharptails and Huns. A good population of both species exists and hunting was good. As far as pheasants, I only saw a few and was quite discouraged by the numbers of ringnecks. I live in MT and have to admit I believe our pheasant season will be poor due to a prolonged drought this summer.

Just ended my trip to Montana, overall it was pretty good. Personally I saw fairly good pheasant numbers. Nowhere near the grouse I saw last year, but still quite a few. Saw my first covey of Huns. ( they flushed out into an overgrazed pasture and flushed wild again then with rain messing up my glasses I lost them lol.) It was about like I had heard. Some areas looked better than others. some areas looked horrible compared to last year. Almost unrecognize able. Some not to bad. I saw several dead deer carcasses, a local farmer said a lot had died. It rained and snowed while I was there. But they need some big rains to fill ponds and creeks.

Just ended my trip to Montana, overall it was pretty good. Personally I saw fairly good pheasant numbers. Nowhere near the grouse I saw last year, but still quite a few. Saw my first covey of Huns. ( they flushed out into an overgrazed pasture and flushed wild again then with rain messing up my glasses I lost them lol.) It was about like I had heard. Some areas looked better than others. some areas looked horrible compared to last year. Almost unrecognize able. Some not to bad. I saw several dead deer carcasses, a local farmer said a lot had died. It rained and snowed while I was there. But they need some big rains to fill ponds and creeks.
I think it will be decent.

Back