What time is it????

PHEZZY, Your doing good! I'm not sure how you can be that patient?:confused:
I'm out there for a week ten days shortly after labor day.
I Can't wait for the pheasant opener. :eek:
I'll let you know on what I observe, as far as PHEZZ.
Labor Day:confused: You Canucks, don't exactly have a Labor Day, something close I guess. :10sign:

Heard through the Grapevine

That populations have rebounded nicely due to nesting conditions in Montana...however the same can not be said about Southern Saskatchewan. Lots of spring flooding, habitat destruction. Reduced daily limits for Phez (2 per day) and Huns (4 per day). Wasn't so long ago that hun were virtually everywhere one drove along roadsides and walked through fields and the daily limits were 10 per day.
Our labor day is September 1st and I am usually out getting some excellent teal hunting......really, really excellent. Our upland seasons do not open until the 15th of September.

PHEZZY, Your doing good! I'm not sure how you can be that patient?:confused:
I'm out there for a week ten days shortly after labor day.
I Can't wait for the pheasant opener. :eek:
I'll let you know on what I observe, as far as PHEZZ.
Labor Day:confused: You Canucks, don't exactly have a Labor Day, something close I guess. :10sign:

Last edited:
Good news for Montana locals, heck even you two. I will not be in MT hunting Phez this year. Too much work, and not enough time. Doing some overdue trips back east to have the son see his Grandparents.....stuff like that. Enjoy, and hope you find a bunch!

John, I remember you said that last year at about this time. You had a wedding or something out East.
You couldn't resist MT.
Cal and I are going to meet up, have some cold ones, see whos got the most comfy camp chair. :thumbsup:
Tell me when you want the location. :cheers:

Come on guys there are no Pheasants up here this year:), better whack a prairie chicken because next year I think it will be closed state-wide. My brother over in ND says things are looking better over there as well. Fall pheasants and walleyes I can't wait. I'll be over in ND for sharp-tails on the opener, my little dog hates them.

PTM, Yeah I know:confused:
I'm a silly old guy that will walk all day for a wild rooster.
And so will the pups. :eek:

Cal we should have a contest on who's dog can wag the tail the most in a minute. :)
Important stuff like that. :thumbsup:
My Woody the Britt would win hands down, but he has a 4 inch tail, that thing is nothing but a blur.
Star and Morgan with all the wind resistant with full hairy tails. Well?:confused:
Still they go pretty fast.

Morgan can wag pretty good but can't approach a short tails WPM. She is, however, capable of doing some kind of doggy semaphore. She goes on one side only and then the other and finally in a complete circle as some sort of punctuation system she hasn't shared with me yet.

Morgan has got some talent no doubt.
Can she do this?
No matter what, Star when she sees I have the camera goes into this mode.
I have to really fool her to get a decent pic, trick, like "doggy treats" "where your toy" etc.
Star has got talent too, no question. :eek::confused:

Lot's of vacation time and what will prove to be a very tough season due to yet another year of drought has me seriously considering a trip to Mt or Add this year, guess I better make a decision soon.

That is a very talented pup you have there Wayne.:cheers:

Lot's of vacation time and what will prove to be a very tough season due to yet another year of drought has me seriously considering a trip to Mt or Add this year, guess I better make a decision soon.

That is a very talented pup you have there Wayne.:cheers:

There is no time like the present, pheasants don't last forever, I recommend this year optimistically!

That must be so you can just fall over backwards into bed when you've had enough to drink!

You can fool the fans but you can't fool the players. I've got a side opening flap on the shell that allows me to throw the beer cans into the empty Budweiser 30 pack box that I keep on the ground outside. I've got all the moves down.

Just so you guys don't think this is a "once in a lifetime" pose.
This IS what Star does.
Need more proof:eek: I have TONS of photos, similar, exact actually. :eek:
Well here is another. :eek:

Seems like, She is all tired out? NO WAY, just weird. :cheers:

:eek:

Maybe she's seen how the ladies pose in your magazines Wayne.:D

exactly quailhound doggie see doggie do!!! see what happens when u leave them things laying around the camper wayne u corrupted ur hunting dog lol my olde bulldogge does the same type stuff rolls around in her back when relaxing at camp or in the yard??? she really likes rolling down hills and get n grass stains on her white body goofy dogs got to love em

This is Hilareous

Just so you guys don't think this is a "once in a lifetime" pose.
This IS what Star does.
Need more proof:eek: I have TONS of photos, similar, exact actually. :eek:
Well here is another. :eek:

Seems like, She is all tired out? NO WAY, just weird. :cheers:

:eek:

That dog is a media star....."ready for my closeup, Mr. DeMille"

Back