what should I use this year for my over and under

i would say the single biggest factor would be knowing the situation you are going to be shooting at pheasant in. If you are hunting over points with birds that arent spooked, IC/M would be my go-to setup. If im hunting over a flusher, and the dog is trained to be 25-35yds ahead of me, im going with M/F. However, with both of these circumstances, you could use the choke tubes i suggested for the other: with a pointer, using M/F, simply let the bird get farther out. With a flusher, keep your gun at a ready position, and make smart shots, with good loads. We can throw around this topic for years: simply put, know the best circumstances to shoot with what you have in your gun, both chokes and shot size, and plan to use it within those parameters.

I agree tript2009. I have Trulock Skeet 2 (LM) & IM Extended tubes in my 20ga. Ringneck that work well however the bird flushes, short or long.

Well I guess I'll chime in too.:D

First off I would test fire the loads you plan on using thru the gun at a few different distances with the chokes you want to use. Then you may have a better idea on what patterns the best at certain distances for your hunting situation. Key is to know how your gun patterns with different loads.

I use IC/M with #5's on Roosters, but when in quail country with my britts I load a 7.5 heavy for my first shot then a #6 heavy. :D

CZ Wingshooter 12ga
CZ Canvasback 12ga
CZ 712
SBE
11-87 Premiere

Kick'em Up !

Back