What Shade of Sun Glasses

oscar

I always wear some sort of glasses when hunting to protect my eyes from cornstalks, spent shot and whatever else. Do you prefer any particular shade? I usually wear green, but will wear clear or amber on rainy or overcast days. Do you prefer polarized or plain?

I don't think I have ever come across green tinted sunglasses .. what's the idea behind green? What does it enhance what does it fade away?

Green sunglass lenses are used by golf and baseball players and professionals, as they offer heightened contrast for better protection and visibility, as well as good color balance of the surroundings for better coordination with the environment.

The green and gray tinted lens are considered to be neutral, as they do not distort the vision and offer the user a good sense of different colors in his surroundings. Their preferred use by golfers and baseball players is due to of the ability of the lens to provide a mild contrast with suitable color balance. The green lenses are more favorably used in medium to bright light outdoor conditions, to enjoy good vision.

If I am not mistaken green has been used by the military since WWII.

I don't think I have ever come across green tinted sunglasses .. what's the idea behind green? What does it enhance what does it fade away?

I use amber, unless it’s REALLY bright. Then I just use my smoke lenses. I’m sure there’s something better.

Amphibia Eyegear makes glasses leaning more towards the fishing industry, but they are amazing for hunting. ANSI Z87.1 impact rated frames and lenses, fully polarized to knock down glare (meaning you get the same effect as dark glasses without being blind) and for the waterfowl guys in here, they float. Check them out, I can sweeten the deal if youre interested.

https://amphibiaeyegear.com/

I use polarized green Maui Jim's for both my golf game and my upland hunting. Vivid and true colors without too much tint. Can't play or shoot worth a crap but the glasses are great!

Back