what do do when season is over

blackcloud27

pheasant season is winding down. so what are you going to do to have fun. i will be chasing yotes, shooting crows, and ice fishing. might even to try and rustle a cow from the coot. freezers low on meat. didnt get a deer this year.:rolleyes:

may try my luck with some bunnies if i can find any.... no dog so this maybe hard..my freezer is very very low on meat

pheasant season is winding down. so what are you going to do to have fun. i will be chasing yotes, shooting crows, and ice fishing. might even to try and rustle a cow from the coot. freezers low on meat. didnt get a deer this year.:rolleyes:

Ordering more grass seed. Shot 2 does and a buck all with bow off the farm this year. See connection? BlackCloud give this a try. Order grass seed, put grass seed in ground, shoot deer.

I'll shoot a few ducks and get ready to tap some maple trees in February to make maple syrup. I have 2 young dogs that need to be worked on some pen raised quail. One is going to be easy and the other is going to be a bit more of a challenge.

chasing yotes with hounds. we do not get many here in east centrel wi. but i sure like to hear the hounds when they are on a hot track.

Need to get the guns cleaned.
I just sent off my entry forms for 4 NSTRA trials starting in March.
Guess I'll try to keep the dogs in shape for the trials, although that may be tough with all the snow we have.
I'm putting together a reunion for the guys I've located, that I was stationed with in the Army 40+ years ago. We're meeting in Las Vegas in February. So that's keeping me busy right now.
Started my diet yesterday and hope to shed 15-20 lbs.

Work, work, and more work. Wrestling, baseball, and soccer when the boss lets me out. Oh, and take the bird dogs fishing every opportunity I have after February.

DZ,

Good luck w/ your goal of losing 15-20!

I'll go ice fishing/yote hunting then play farmer in the spring. Then get my 20 acres of crp going. then go golfing/fishing/vacation for the summer. play farmer in the fall. Then back to hunting:10sign:

The winter Trap league starts next Sunday, so I'll be shooting that league and then the summer league. Gunne needs to be trained, that broken leg and winter has set me back on him. But I'll have him ready for next season, I find he responds best to whistle when in the field, for I have been running him and Tony as often as possible this winter. Gunne needs the snow runs to help rebuild his endurance........Bob

My bass fishing league is starting up so that will occupy most of my time this spring into summer. Hope that my new business takes off, starting a underground construction company in winter isn't very fun! I'll be headed out this coming weekend for my 1st trip pheasant hunting this season, haven't had time with everything going on. Good luck everyone on finishing the season with a bang!! :thumbsup:

Crappie are biting!

I'll be quail hunting until the 3 of feb. Then try to fill a Javelina tag the last part of Feb. Work and Like Moe spend endless hours on Uph. :)

Whats a Javelina? Is it that pig looking thing I see when I'm visiting Granny out there?:)

Yup, It's a nasty looking mini Pig, From 7734 , Upside down and backwards. They run in packs , have teeth that will rip you up, and are hard az heck to locate. They are known as desert ghosts. Not big but Bad, kind of like Granny.:thumbsup:

Yup, It's a nasty looking mini Pig, From 7734 , Upside down and backwards. They run in packs , have teeth that will rip you up, and are hard az heck to locate. They are known as desert ghosts. Not big but Bad, kind of like Granny.:thumbsup:

I ran into a pack of them by my uncles house. There was a bunch of noise in the brush I walked around to see what it was. And there was like ten of them:eek: I didn't know they were so mean looked kinda harmless. I walked back to the house and told him what I saw and he's like you were how close said I was lucky they didn't attack.

you were never in any danger you big woozie. they took one look at you and decided biting you would be bad for their health. wouldnt be part of a low fat low cholesteal diet. smelled like rotten carp also:p

Back