what a great hunt

quail hound

Ok you guys were right and all 5 of us had a great time and made some great memories. Here's our haul, 22 California quail.

IMAG0107.jpg

One happy and tired bird dog.

IMAG0108.jpg

Not the best pic but here was the main covert, with a covey of approximately 60 quail.

IMAG0110.jpg

And last in my opinion north Americas most beautiful native game bird.

IMAG0111.jpg

Thanks again for helping me enjoy myself.

Nice job. We didn't do near as well but a great hunt anyway. We did have our chances. Amazing how fast they disappear.

JP doesn't have as many burrs as Trap came home with either. We do so need a hard rain.

Yes we need some rain, the scenting conditions were terrible today. We didn't even get any dew this morning. I'm glad you and trap had fun, JP and I are looking forward to Tuesday already. JP scared me a little when he came back to me bleeding, but it turned out just to be a little cut on the tongue from the rose thickets. The cover sure is thick in the cover this year.

Outstanding!!! I'm glad it all worked out. It wouldn't have been near as good day for me, if my dad went with. He's a game hog!..always has been.

Looks like a fun day.:thumbsup:

If you ever get a chance you need to come to cali and run your dogs on some quail. These birds were made for springers to hunt.

Very :coolpics::coolpics::coolpics: Thanks for sharing nice looking dog too. Hope you have many more great hunts:) don't forget to post pictures.

Maybe some day. Nationals are out there in Nov.

Well you could even try your luck on the elusive California wild ringneck, and the doves will be thick by then. If we get some weather the coveys of quail may band together for a few "super coveys".

Great Pics QH I never seen California Quail before even when I was station out in the Lemoore area.

Great Pics QH I never seen California Quail before even when I was station out in the Lemoore area.

That's to bad, you were surrounded by some great quail hunting. If you had just went north to the kings river you could have walked up some good coveys. Your dog (a cocker?) would have had a blast.

We have those same quail here in Washington. Yes, they are a fun bird, even the dog enjoys hunting and retrieving them..........Bob

Oops kind of hard to tell from your avatar, looked a little big to be a cocker. Not many puddles around here but I bet he could pin down the singles well.;)

Oops kind of hard to tell from your avatar, looked a little big to be a cocker. Not many puddles around here but I bet he could pin down the singles well.;)

Thats ok, you know when I rescue this dog I didn't know what to expect, he has impress me from day one on his natural ability to hunt, he was the main reason why I got back into pheasant hunting.

Qh,

:10sign:Vevy nice I'm jealous, those valley quail are alot bigger them my gambels.:mad: Great hunt hope you the best. Your area is alot more dog freindly than the area's I'm hunting. The first quail I nailed this year,I planted into a 7 foot cholla, Stuck that rooster but good, took me 5 minutes to extricate, the poor thing.:)

Those are some fine looking birds. That would be a fun hunt:coolpics:

Back