Well the end of the season is upon us.

jmac

Feb is just around the corner and the season will end shortly. What are all of you going to do to help the quail for next Season??? I have some Ideas of what you can do to help. any of you AZ guys willing to step up???

All it takes is a little time and effort. You can help out as little or a lot but we need your help. It doesn't cost you much and the return is Great. Just looking for people to help out when they can. Quail forever it works. 100% of the money raised here stays here to in prove habitat and youth events. Its very worth the effort. So what do you say?? You want to give back???

Last edited:
Maybe one of these first Winters I may spend some time in AZ. If and when I'm bringing the pups and scatter gun.

I would like to get some info on what you have going also. :)

Maybe one of these first Winters I may spend some time in AZ. If and when I'm bringing the pups and scatter gun.

I would like to get some info on what you have going also. :)

You all are welcome to come to Az and hunt are quail. I'm Into giving back at this time in my life. I'm not standing around bitching about the problem In pro- active in find and helping wildlife.

MnMt Wayne,

You are more than welcome anytime. I would love to have you come hunt some quail with me.:thumbsup:

We ( valley of the sun Chapter of Quail forever) Has repaired several Water guzzlers with the help of AZGFD. we have had several youth event. We have attended the Game and fish board meetings and placed are concerns about the problem that we feel need corrected. This is a very long ordeal. We want to shorten the season by a month to let the late hatches grow up a bit. I know its not a popular thing but in early season the last three years. We are shooting very young birds. Its taking a toll of the population and its not good. The small game biologist Azgfd Is on board with this.:)

Great work Scott! I encourage everyone to check out the Valley of the Sun's website, its the best I've seen. If you have a buck or two to send down to help out I'm sure they would be very grateful. :cheers:

Last edited:
Great web site. :thumbsup: Reading about your work on the water guzzlers really brought back the memories. I was in the AF and stationed at both Luke and Williams (now gateway airport) in the 70's and did lots of quail hunting and it was the 1st time I ever saw a guzzler--my reaction was wow what an idea

Keep up the good work and I wish you success in your habitat work. :10sign:

JIM

Thanks Jim,

It is not easy. but you do what you can. LOL I am giving back. I hunted for my whole life and it's time to give back, so that the young can have what we enjoy.:)

Scott, thats good stuff You've got going. All the work will pay off. :thumbsup:

I have a lot of loose ends to take care of. I'm 64 and the "working" part of my life is coming to an end. "mostly" I'm going to be active.
I've got the ball moving for property in MT. Most of our time will be there. Sell stuff in MN. buy in MT. We'll keep the cabin in MN and the old family homestead.
Kids will have that someday.
Dec-Feb We plan AZ and some in CA.
Next Winter WE plan to use Motels, a few days here and there checking out areas.
I've been studying The Globe area and Gila Bend so far. Google Earth ,public lands, Quail and other hunting opportunities.

Scott, any thoughts on those areas?

Great work Scott! I encourage everyone to check out the Valley of the Sun's website, its the best I've seen. If you have a buck or two to send down to help out I'm sure they would be very grateful. :cheers:

Robert thank you so much for your donation. :thumbsup::10sign::cheers:

We are fighting an up hill battle with this in this state. People in this state don't care about birds, it's big game or nothing here. There are a few of us that are trying to change that. :)

My pleasure. I hope you guys get some good rain and fill up those guzzlers so I can come hunt soon.:cheers:

Scott, thats good stuff You've got going. All the work will pay off. :thumbsup:

I have a lot of loose ends to take care of. I'm 64 and the "working" part of my life is coming to an end. "mostly" I'm going to be active.
I've got the ball moving for property in MT. Most of our time will be there. Sell stuff in MN. buy in MT. We'll keep the cabin in MN and the old family homestead.
Kids will have that someday.
Dec-Feb We plan AZ and some in CA.
Next Winter WE plan to use Motels, a few days here and there checking out areas.
I've been studying The Globe area and Gila Bend so far. Google Earth ,public lands, Quail and other hunting opportunities.

Scott, any thoughts on those areas?

Wayne thoses area's can be great. Globe has both Gambels and scaleis/ Blues, or sometimes call scaled quail. Gila bend can be great area to hunt but you better watch your Back for illegals in the drug trade. Boarder patrol is all over that area, and so is Joe ArPio . It really comes down to timely rains down here. There is alway good areas but they are the ones that get the rain at the right time of the year. I watch and track the rain fall amounts on every rain event in Maricopa and several other counties. :thumbsup::cheers:

Last edited:
Gila bend is pretty small. Not much to that town but I don?t know what you are looking to do when you are not out in the desert. It has been a couple years since I have been to that area so I don?t know how much it has grown/spread but you are probably looking at a 30-45 min ride to get to the Glendale area for restaurants/theaters etc. Probably better hotel/motels also. Just my $.02

I've been checking out the Prescott area and all of the Verde River country. This I REALLY REALLY like!
I can explore to my hearts content. :)

Back