Weekends are made for me...

Coffeejoe1234

let me start by introducing myself,my name is Bill or coffeejoe1234 whichever you prefer,I live in Aurora,co.I've been looking around this site for a couple of days now,and have enjoyed your advice, your insight,and your hunting stories.I hope I can fall right in with you all.
for the last few years i've been unable to hunt due to a back injury ( Walking with a heavy limp ) it's hard to get around.
My last hunt was around Brush,co on public land hunting up and down fence rows,I did pretty good that day,took home my limit of pheasants,( I only used three # 6's ) I remember it was a cold day in Nov.,at the time,I thought it was too cold,but I was glad I made the hunt.
I'm thinking it's time for me to get started hunting agin.
I think next weekend i'll head up to wellington ( on public land ) and do a little scouting,and walking around just to see if i can. i hope it's a bit colder,wish me luck,i'll need it....

Keeping it country,coffeejoe.

Welcome Coffeejoe, or Bill, as you prefer.

I'd expect you'll learn a lot of stuff from the other folks here. I'm just allowed because I'm so pretty. (OK, it's because I have a dog, but indulge me, willya?)

I'm old and limped up myself. Is your condition improving, or at least, is the pain manageable? Hope so.

Please share adventures current or past as you choose. Pictures are nice too.

Have fun, be safe.

Hey kismet,got coffee! Thank you for making me feel right at home.my pain is manageable with meds,its been a rough road but looking better,thanks for asking.
can't wait to start hunting I guess once it's in your blood,it will aways be there.I'll let you know how it goes next weekend. thanks for being friendly.

welcome aboard Bill!
My wife has back problems beyond belief so I have some sense of what youre going through. Multiple surgeries, procedures, injections, etc. More pain pills than anyone should take in their life time.

Good to have you here. Get out after the roosters!

Hey Mike,got coffee! thanks for the welcome mat. We'll see if I'm any good next week.
It's been awhile, maybe I should shoot a few clays before I head out,just to see where things are hitting.anyway it is nice talking with you, and I'm glad to be on board.

Thank you Sir (SDJIM),I will. :cheers:

Last edited:
Bill, glad to have you aboard, I also like my coffee and have back problems as well, to many bumps in my years in the military, non war time though, and a car accident in 1974, a car and me :) hope yout hunts go well and don't over due your self as I know how hard it is to walk back to the truck when you can't hardly walk due to your back.
Jim

Hey Jim (copheasanthunter) got coffee! Jim thank you for your service :)
I call it my little curse,trying to overcome it, but I still have issues with my left side.
I'm glad to be here, and I hope I can contribute to this site. Take care Jim and give me a shout out from time to time, I'll be here drinking my coffee.

Bill,
My friend who is in the medical field just informed me that drinking coffee can be bad for your back, hip as well as your whole bone structure and since I would not want to see you hurt yourself and make things worse maybe you should quite and just send your joe stuff to me, since I am in the springs it won't cost much. :)

Yeah I like my coffee as well. Have a good one and enjpy your joe.

Coffee joe- welcome. Don't let the limp get you down! I have a bad limp from an accident years back. Just go slow and enjoy yourself. I can't go for hours and hours anymore but that's okay. I go slower and so do my pups and we do just fine. It helps me to take an Aleve about 1/2hour before I go afield. You only live once, get out and do it, just go at your own pace. :thumbsup:

LOL ! Nice try. Enjoy your cup this morning :)

I had 3 mugs of decaf last night and killed a pot this morning...I have issues I know. When will the headaches stop??

Back