weather

lab man

How are the pheasants doing in sd now that the weather has gotten some what better? . We have are reservions made for the first week of nov for nc sd and hope the birds are having it better now.

Wehave been having some pretty nice weather the past couple of weeks. Should give the birds a chance to recover from the cold and snow we had. I'm sure we lost some birds but it shouldn't be enough to be an issue. The next 2 months be probably be more critical.

By the way, do you realize we already have a Labman on this site? Just spelled with a capital "L" and no space between Lab & man. You might think about changing your handle.

Welcome to the site. You will enjoy being here.

The more critical question will come in the spring/summer with the hatch weather. That should be our greater concern. But to answer the question, the birds I have seen are finding bare hill tops to feed in plus a lot of corn is still in my way.

Yes I know there is another Labman, I joined in December of 08 and he joined in March of 09.. I ue this name in a number of sites I would like to keep it the same.. Thank You for the information.. lab man

The forecast for this weekend is for a foot of new snow in Central and North Central South Dakota. We have also been getting some freezing rain. And the winds are suppose to pick up this weekend also. So the pheasants had better chow down and find some good cover.

Back