Vizslas in NSTRA

ROCK

I like vizslas alot and enjoy running in NSTRA events but noticed that there are very,very few vizslas that compete in these events.Just curious about why there are so few,any thoughts?

This will be my 4th season running NSTRA here in the midwest. I've only seen a couple of Vizslas running. I saw one in Iowa and the handler dumped a bird in a pond. There was no way he could get that dog to go in the water for the retrieve. As long as they are bird finders and have some run in them they should be able to compete.

I like vizslas alot and enjoy running in NSTRA events but noticed that there are very,very few vizslas that compete in these events.Just curious about why there are so few,any thoughts?

Where are you located and running NSTRA trials?

I run in the N. Illinois region.Other than my region,I have gone to Michigan and Indiana trials.Hope to go to a couple Wisconsin trials as well this spring.
Illinois has a big vizsla field trial club and always thought NSTRA is the perfect venue for dogs that don't make it as FT dogs.
I feel like an oddball when I go out of region to trials and hear "We don't see vizslas hear very often" :p

ROCK, just a FYI, the Wisconsin trials fill very fast from what I am told. Might already be a little late. I run in the Dakota's, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska and Montana. Our first trial is 2 weeks from today in west central Minnesota. But unless we get one heck of a heat wave I'm afraid it will probably get cancelled. We still have a foot or more of snow on the ground in this area and the temp hasn't been above freezing for weeks. We had several mornings this past week of sub zero temps.

Just like most regions,WI. is having a hard time filling trials.Their prez. told us last week at our trial they are looking for dogs for all their remaining trials.

Just like most regions,WI. is having a hard time filling trials.Their prez. told us last week at our trial they are looking for dogs for all their remaining trials.

That's sure a change from a couple years ago.

Rock, I just got off the phone with John Holder in Wisconsin. John is a national officer with NSTRA. He is in charge of a trial NE of Green Bay on April 6-7 and is looking for dogs. If our first trial here in the Mid-North Region gets cancelled I'm thinking about driving over the Wisconsin trial. John said there is still snow up there but it hoping with the warm weather the rest of this week and next week they will still be able to have it. If you have any interest you can call John at 608-697-2775. He would need to know by Saturday or Sunday as they will be doing the drawing soon.

John called me yesterday as well,unfortunately I've been working every Saturday with no end in site and had to tell him I can't make that trial.
Hoping to go to their Hunters point trial as a tune up before the trial of champions but work comes first I guess.:mad:

Back