Vikes looking for a new home?

oldandnew

Story copied on the KC Star, from the St Paul Pioneer Press, reports that the management of the Vikes met with the management of AEG, who is considering the construction of a new stadium in Los Angeles for 2014. Maybe the California Terminators or the Raisins?

I thought they where going to build one with a retractable roof. Now ain't that real smart. Spend all the taxpayers money you can:thumbsup:

Sell the Dome for $1

I would hate to see the Vikes go ---- but ----
for the money it would cost to build a new stadium, its crazy :mad:

I say lets just sell them the Metrodome for $1 and let them the team do what they want with it. :eek: If they leave, they give the dome back.

My 2 older brothers [commercial Carpenters] were kept busy for two years at the Metrodome during construction along with a couple thousand others both directly and indirectly. All paying taxes and spending money locally.
The Vikings are big business with lots of other employees other then the players.
Those players that are making millions pay lots of taxes, MN income tax and think of all the sales tax.
You talk about businesses moving out of state? What a disaster it would be to let the politicians loose the Vikes.:eek:

In the latest update, It looks like it's an open invitation, and includes the Jaguars, Rams, Raiders, Chargers, and Vikings have all been solicited. Offer includes cash investment by Anshutz as owner, plus a willingness to pay any lease termination fees to get out of existing leases. AEG is planning a 1 Billion dollar facility!!!! Chargers, Raiders,and Vikes, are denying interest, say they are staying put, but acknowledge meetings, no comment from Rams or Jags. My guess is somebody is going!

In yesterdays TC Star/Lib:eek:
These teams in order are most likely headed for LA. The article says the Vikings are in "no danger" of heading to LA.
Oakland
Jacksonville
ST Louis
San Diego
Buffalo

It makes sense that the Raiders are likely to move. They play just across the river from the 49 ers, share the same market. The Raiders would keep their fan base moving in state.

OK, why don't the Cardinals go back to St Louis, the Rams back to LA, and the Raiders just always be the Oakland Raiders. Solves every ones problem. Kinda like what the hell is the North Star Hockey team in Texas for?????? I am still not at grasp with that one, the only ice in Texas is in a freezer right?. As Lary would say, " I JUST CAN'T, FIGER IT OUT"!!!!!!:D

Back