Vests......

I have a Q5 Centerfire and really like it. It's not as traditional as a wing works but the q5 is very functional. My friend calls it my basket vest because it sticks out like a trappers basket backpack. Easy to load pheasants and quail and I could probably carry 3 limits of pheasants if I needed to. Carries the weight really well on my hips. Waters set up with 2 water bottle holders and a camelback. I don't use the small backpack attachment. Ammo pouches are big and secure. I like how you can zip or Velcro the pockets closed or Velcro the pocket open for easy access. The ecollar remote pocket on the chest is really nice. You have to take it off each time you get in a car but I can get it on as fast as my friend can get on his Filson strap vest. It's also a lot lighter than my Filson Vest. I think the Q5 is the best vest on the market but I'm not a traditionalist. I've moved away from waxed cotton and cotton all together.

I bought the complete San Carlos strap vest and added two water bottle pockets. Think I was at 182 out the door. Free shipping and a two year warranty. Heavy fabric and solid stitching.

I was initially interested in a wingworkz but actually think this suited me better and was cheaper. Everyone was out of the WW vest anyway and it appeared that it would be well into bird season before anyone has them.

I recently picked up a Tenzing BV16 and have used it on one hunt trip so far and love it. I was previously using a Filson strap vest that I didn't much care for.

I also have an old LL Bean waxed cotton regular vest I wear when its really cold since its great a cutting the wind and keeping me warm but any other time I use a strap vest. I'm interested to see how the Tenzing works for me on my SoDak trip this year.

bvb16_1.png

I recently picked up a Tenzing BV16 and have used it on one hunt trip so far and love it. I was previously using a Filson strap vest that I didn't much care for.

I also have an old LL Bean waxed cotton regular vest I wear when its really cold since its great a cutting the wind and keeping me warm but any other time I use a strap vest. I'm interested to see how the Tenzing works for me on my SoDak trip this year.

bvb16_1.png

How do you carry the water for your dogs? Water bottles loose in the bird bag? I really like water bottle slots on a vest.

How do you carry the water for your dogs? Water bottles loose in the bird bag? I really like water bottle slots on a vest.
I have one of those collapsible water bowls and just throw that and the bottle in the larger zipper pocket in the back that has the yellow zipper pulls.

It also has two elastic pockets on the front that are designed for electronics but I wouldn't trust them for my GPS. I suppose you could throw a bottle in that too.

Back