Vests......

TheMorningRise

What do you all like.

I am in the market and am looking at the Q5 products. They look top notch. Anyway, just looking for other ideas for a quality vest for Pheasant hunting the Midwest.

Thanks.

I wear a columbia vest. Its long sleeve so very good in cold weather. Has an inner lining to make it warmer. Or you can unzip the inner part out and make it a little cooler. On real hot days you can just wear the zip out part as it is sleeveless. It has game pockets (smaller ones) on the inside of it.

I second WingWorks vests. Quality vest made in Idaho, worth every penny.

1 3rd the WingWorks , love the water bottle holsters , the way the pockets don't get in the way of leg movement.

You can tell a lot of thought went into this , great for a guy who wants to set out on foot and can comfortable carry enough shells , water ans snack to last you the better part of the day .

I have been thinking about the Wing Works vest. Problem is you can never find them as they are always sold out or on back order. Same with the Bird N Lite vest

WingWorks is the very best.
I ordered mine in the Spring, when I decided I needed one.
You might be able to get one through Pheasants Forever.

::thumbsup: yep they should have them !!! . When I got mine I was able to visit with the owner and he suggested fit and size . Great Gear !!!

Wingworks sold out everywhere as of earlier this week...not expecting any until at least early December. Their site, PF store, etc.

Wingworks!!! It saves the back and you can wear as little as a t-shirt under it, or you can easily bundle up. I will say that my brother in law owns a Q5 and it is pretty nice also. They are both US made. I did see in my new Orvis catalog that they are now making a vest that looks damn near the same as the Wingworks. I think they call it the Pro Series Vest.

I have Bird n lite strap vest. 6 seasons, doing well. Now use a Tenzig BV15 which has great storage, easy to clean. Durable so far...

BV 15 also doubles as a turkey vest. Killed several with it.

Anyone else notice the wing works water bottles popping out when you run?

Lost both mine this weekend when running after my dog, who was chasing a rooster.

I am currently using the Cabela's strap vest. I'm 6'7" 220, and can say it fits me very well. I will say the back padding takes some getting used to, but after a couple trips out, you can tell it's helping your back. The best is very adaptable, as all of the straps adjust to what clothing you have underneath.

Well, now that we've had our safety lesson for the day, I'll say that I just ordered a Q5 San Carlos. It's on the way and they were very helpful over the phone. Lots of options to customize how you want.

Chest protectors

Looking for some insight on quality chest protectors for the dog. I have an English Pointer that without one gets beat up pretty bad. Been using a Herters vest a buddy gave me and have been repairing it for the last 3 years and it is on its last leg. Looked at several brands but they all seem to use velcro and plastic buckles that don't hold up dragging through the brush. My Herters vest has a zipper down the back, cordura nylon breast plate and stretchy nylon on the back. It is soft enough to not cause any chaffing around the leg openings and has held up well seeing it is about 15 years old

Got the San Carlos today. Very nice. Never had a vest that takes the weight off the shoulders. Customer service was excellent.

Back