Upland Pant Recommendations?

Yellowdawg

Time for a new pair. I always liked Cabelas brand for a good compromise between quality and price - but they don't carry them anymore. I was going to get a pair of Browning but have seen quite a few complaints about the snap coming undone, and people saying it should be a button. They are also not waterproof. I'm willing to pay more if I get more for the money, up to maybe 150$. I don't like chaps or the type that look like jeans. Anyone have any recommendations?

I got a pair of uninstalled Gore-Tex upland pants and that's all I wear from Opener through December. When cold, just a polyester layer under that. I can't believe I ever wore denim - huge improvement going lightweight and breathable/waterproof.

Wanted to get a new pair, but having a hard time finding a replacement. These are Cabelas branded, but they don't make them any more and I have not had good experience w/ their Dry Plus.

I just checked out the Bass Pro website. They have more Cabelas upland pants than the Cabelas site does :confused: There are apparently some bumps in the road with the transition....

I poked around yesterday and came up dry for Gore-Tex pants. I did see LL Bean ($169) and Orvis ($229) models - Waterproof/breathable, but not Gore-Tex. Not sure how they compare.

I think I paid $99 in the bargain cave at Cabelas 5 years ago, but they were originally $150 or $200 - cannot remember.

Ive been wearing Carhartt Upland pants the past couple of years. Theyre fine. Everyone has different likes and needs etcetc

I bought a pair of Duluth Trading company brush pants last year, so far so good.

I have those to, nice pants. I think they're called Fire hose Briar pants. But I no longer see them on their website. Discontinued?

Back