UPH Newbie

GoBadgers

I've been visiting this site for a while and finally decided to join. I'm a Wisconsin transplant to SW Kansas. I didn't do much pheasant hunting in Wiscosin, but I've caught the pheasant and quail bug in Kansas. I have a 2 year old brittany that is my hunting buddy. I have a lot of questions and I figured this is the place.

Glad to have you on the forum.

Welcome to SW Kansas, "it may not be the end of the world, but I swear on a clear day I can see it." Seriously, we do have some wildlife here. On a given day you could see pheasant, bobwhite and scaled quail, lesser prairie chicken, whitetail and mule deer, turkey and elk. "Keep it quiet though, because everybody will want to live here."

Glad to have you on the forum.

Welcome to SW Kansas, "it may not be the end of the world, but I swear on a clear day I can see it." Seriously, we do have some wildlife here. On a given day you could see pheasant, bobwhite and scaled quail, lesser prairie chicken, whitetail and mule deer, turkey and elk. "Keep it quiet though, because everybody will want to live here."

Not after a few hot, windy days with sand blowing in their eye balls they won't;) My wife says NO WAY to SW KS. Hopefully she'll approve of NW KS after she's seen a bit more of it.

Welcome to UPH GoBadgers. I currently work for one of your fellow Badger fans/Wisconsin natives. He likes our KS winters a lot better than the WI winters so far. We'll see how he holds up during tornado season:rolleyes:

Gobadger welcome to UPH

So what part are of Wisconsin did you move from ???

Last edited:
Welcome to UPH, I see you have the right dog in my book. Brittany's are great dogs. I have had them for over 40 years. I guess that says it all Welcome again post a lot and happy to see you here---Bob

Mr. Hyde grew up in Lafayette Co. in SW Wisconsin. There wasn't much as far as pheasant hunting back there. I killed 1 rooster back by my folks farm. I mostly hunted deer, squirrel and rabbit back in Wisconsin, but there is so much to hunt in Kansas. I have been in Morton Co. Kansas for about 5 years. I've been blessed with a wife who lets me hunt at least once a week and a dog that hasn't gave up on me yet.

Glad to have you Badger. We're kinda neighbors, I'm in SC Kansas. You are probably feeling right at home with the blizzard and all. Welcome to both the board and Kansas!

Back