UPH Hunt in South Dakota

Dakotazeb

I'm wondering if there are any SD guys (or others) that would be interested in getting together for a hunt some day? I don't have any land to hunt but maybe some others might have some ideas. Just a chance to meet some of the members on this site. I've met quite a few members over the years and it's always fun to put a face with a name. Anyone interested?

Not from SD but if it worked out to happen while I was out there would be interested in trying to attend.

Great idea!

We may be short of hunters this year, especially our December 3rd hunt; private land near Kennebec. Will know more as the season progresses.

I live in Watertown. Bird numbers have been low around here for years.
Gotcha. I'm making my first trip up this winter and am planning on stationing in Winner and just seeing what happens. Plan on hunting any available public lands (not much around I see) and ditches. Taking my father in law and he loves to road hunt so should be fun.

Great idea!

We may be short of hunters this year, especially our December 3rd hunt; private land near Kennebec. Will know more as the season progresses.

Jon, keep us posted on this. Might be a possibility for a few of us to meet up. Too bad Jim from Platte passed away or that might have been a good meeting point.

Will do, George.

Looking forward to our first trip to Granite Falls - Mn Heartland Preserve. Great place to hunt and run the dog. They are very accommodating folks!

Note: this dialog/posting is out of sequence...

Will do, George.

Looking forward to our first trip to Granite Falls - Mn Heartland Preserve. Great place to hunt and run the dog. They are very accommodating folks!

Note: this dialog/posting is out of sequence...

I was over there 2 weeks ago. A friend and I had them put out 4 pheasants and 4 Chukars. Yes, they are very nice folks. Terry's uncle, Bob Fagen, owned a poolhall in Canby when I was growing up. It was kind of a kids hangout. Pool and cards.

My concern about going this early...too many bugs still in the weeds!And the dog isn't in shape, as yet.

How were the conditions? Weeds galore?

My concern about going this early...too many bugs still in the weeds!And the dog isn't in shape, as yet.

How were the conditions? Weeds galore?
Cover was pretty heavy but they have it cut in strips.

I'm wondering if there are any SD guys (or others) that would be interested in getting together for a hunt some day? I don't have any land to hunt but maybe some others might have some ideas. Just a chance to meet some of the members on this site. I've met quite a few members over the years and it's always fun to put a face with a name. Anyone interested?
I sent you a message I think about being in and around Mitchell oct23-28 with two pointer and a springer with my wife if interested in hunting one of the days let me know can meet you about anywhere on public ground your choice

Hi Zeb-

i might be interested, can come up any time. usually hunt by myself or with just 3-4 guys
keep us posted, please. TY

I cannot during that time, but after Nov 30th. I am open. I would really enjoy a meeting as this.

Back