Uguide Jbar Report

jetjockey

Just got home this morning at 5 AM from hunting 2 days on public land and 3 days with Uguide (We left SD at 5 AM on Saturday morning and got caught up in the Blizzard... What a mess). This was our first time pheasant hunting in S.D. and we had a blast. I did a lot of research and even met with the local SD conservation officer for ideas on where to hunt public land. The public land hunting was a bust. We saw lots of birds, but all the roosters were in the fields adjacent to the public land.. The uguide farm was a completely different story though... When I booked the trip I asked Chris what to expect as far as pheasant numbers and how many birds we could expect to shoot. He told me that during the late season hunts, if he had guides set up for us, we could expect to get our opportunity to limit every day, and that is exactly what we had. However, our shooting ability wasn't very good!:D We bagged 27 birds for our 3 day hunt with 5 guys hunting. Once we figured everything out, we had plenty of opportunity to kill tons of birds. We even had the storied "South Dakota Flush" where you can't shoot because if you hit one bird, you would have hit 4. Overall, our group had a great time. The farm house was perfect and much nicer then I expected, and there was more then enough land to hunt. As a matter of fact, if you included the plains, we could have hunted for 5 days and never covered the same ground twice. Thanks for a great hunt Chris!

Jetjockey, thanks for the report. Sorry you got caught up in the mess. I drove thru that Friday night and got into Mpls about 1am Sat morning and was glad I didn't have to come thru it any later than that.

At least you didn't have to hunt in it:D

Just got home this morning at 5 AM from hunting 2 days on public land and 3 days with Uguide (We left SD at 5 AM on Saturday morning and got caught up in the Blizzard... What a mess). This was our first time pheasant hunting in S.D. and we had a blast. I did a lot of research and even met with the local SD conservation officer for ideas on where to hunt public land. The public land hunting was a bust. We saw lots of birds, but all the roosters were in the fields adjacent to the public land.. The uguide farm was a completely different story though... When I booked the trip I asked Chris what to expect as far as pheasant numbers and how many birds we could expect to shoot. He told me that during the late season hunts, if he had guides set up for us, we could expect to get our opportunity to limit every day, and that is exactly what we had. However, our shooting ability wasn't very good!:D We bagged 27 birds for our 3 day hunt with 5 guys hunting. Once we figured everything out, we had plenty of opportunity to kill tons of birds. We even had the storied "South Dakota Flush" where you can't shoot because if you hit one bird, you would have hit 4. Overall, our group had a great time. The farm house was perfect and much nicer then I expected, and there was more then enough land to hunt. As a matter of fact, if you included the plains, we could have hunted for 5 days and never covered the same ground twice. Thanks for a great hunt Chris!

Took us 25 hrs to get home yesterday:eek: from Aberdeen I drove it all my self back to Cincinnati

Back