UFTA hunts

beaglebob1

Guys and Gals,
I have been getting the farm ready to hold some UFTA field trails. I have it looking really nice and the fields are great. Jerry a ufta fellow stop by last week and said I did a heck of a job. I am going to have a few door prizes and maybe even a beeper collar or two to raffle. Kent has the shop set up as a kitchen and breakfest will be free and so will lunch.
My birds are flying really good.:D the flight pen is filling up and i have stopped selling birds to make sure we have plenty of good flyers.
We can run 3 fields at a time to move things along so not as much down time.I have several nice stocked ponds to kill some time between runs.:cheers:

Hi Bob, I'd love to bring brutus out! When is your UFTA hunt?

Thanks, Jimmy

Hello Jimmy.
We are looking at mid November. Getting everything together for a trial is taking a little more time than I thought. I have a group of trees to take out to expand one of the fields once I get the dozer and hoe moved back to the farm. I have about 800 flight conditioned quail ready and 800 more coming and one breeder who will have 200 for me at the end of next month. We will have plenty of birds..Looking to do Saturday and Sunday hunts. If time allows we may do two hunts in one day so guys can get there points for the national hunt without traveling the country. This will depend on the number of dogs entered.thanks b. g.

Hi Bob,
It sounds like you have a nice farm and have done some habitat work,have you had any natural reproduction or hold over birds? How is the field trial coming? Any pictures of your farm?

Dan

Hi Bob,
It sounds like you have a nice farm and have done some habitat work,have you had any natural reproduction or hold over birds? How is the field trial coming? Any pictures of your farm?

Dan

Dan,
We do have some carry over birds but most are up to a mile away on other farms from the reports the land owners have gave. I have seen 10-12 carry over pheasants and they seem to be hanging close. For the numbers released last year I would say results were poor. I have much better habitat this year and put less birds out to see if that may help. I over did it last year with the quail. I will take some pictures this weekend, I have a few guys coming over this week end to do some training so will be out.

Back