Uberti Revlovers

Phil V.

Anybody have any experience with them? I'm trying to save some money to buy their horseman model in .45lc.

they're owned by Beretta aren't they? I think they're pretty common in cowboy action shooting, but I don't have any experience with them
since they are owned by berretta ,I wouldn't hesitate due to quality.
there is not a lot of options for those type of hand guns. Ruger's vaquero comes to mind.

I have looked at them myself. Lots of Cowboy Action shooters and folks from the Mounted Shooters Assoc use them. I believe the Cattleman is a entry level no frills revolver but should fill the bill for many as a fine shooter.

I have always wanted a pair of nickle 45LC single actions with the 4-5/8" barrels, accompanied with a fine leather double gun set of holsters and gun belt.

Good luck, I hope you get that money saved and get yourself that nice revolver.

Thanks Onpoint. Been selling everything off to get ahead of hospital bills from my mother being in the hospital for a week. Her blood pressure went crazy and had a nose bleed that would not quit. She's a ww2 french war bride. She was a translator for the U.S. Army. She's going to be 91 this fall. She doen't get much from social security or from my dad's pension. All together with what she gets and what get from ssi is less than $1600.00 a month. So that is why I've been selling everything off to stay afloat. That is also why I quit posting as much on here because of some of the comments made about people not having money and needing help. I also do not have health insurance because I was dropped due to having a bad back. Also nobody will hire because of having a bad back. And as far as insurance I can't afford it because the cheapest I found is $800.00 a month and I get 710.00 a month from ssi.

Great Pistols

I have had a Uberti Cattleman Revolver since 1997. The one I have has the Black Powder Frame which is a reproduction of the original 1873 Colt. I have shot it a lot during Cowboy Action Matches. I also have a matched pair of Ruger Vaqueros now so I don't use it all the time. But, it still gets some play matched with a Uberti Schofield, both in .45 Colt. I did put in a lighter main spring (Wolff) but other than that it is stock and works great. I see the new Horseman has the transfer bar action somewhat like the Rugers do. The Uberti I have has a 7 1/2 inch barrel. Shorter barrels will give a lot more barrel rise in recoil. If you don't reload, the .357 version costs a lot less to shoot.

MG

Thanks Onpoint. Been selling everything off to get ahead of hospital bills from my mother being in the hospital for a week. Her blood pressure went crazy and had a nose bleed that would not quit. She's a ww2 french war bride. She was a translator for the U.S. Army. She's going to be 91 this fall. She doen't get much from social security or from my dad's pension. All together with what she gets and what get from ssi is less than $1600.00 a month. So that is why I've been selling everything off to stay afloat. That is also why I quit posting as much on here because of some of the comments made about people not having money and needing help. I also do not have health insurance because I was dropped due to having a bad back. Also nobody will hire because of having a bad back. And as far as insurance I can't afford it because the cheapest I found is $800.00 a month and I get 710.00 a month from ssi.

I send my thoughts and prayers brother. I know your pain. I'm taking care of my 82 year old parents and fighting major heath problems myself. My insurance would be $2200 a month. Not in the budget. Until some of those critics get sick, they haven't a clue. The first month you can't perform your job..your employer stops paying your health insurance coverage. Many, Many other issues. You can buy all the insurance you want. Getting them to pay is a whole another issue. Nothing but "Gangsters"!!!!!! Your a pee on up against powerful giant company's. They don't know you have to get a doctor to fill out paper work each and every month to get a insurance company to pay. The doctors appointment many times, costs more then the payment. They know this....and doctors don't like to fill out paper work that they are not getting paid to do. Many refuse. Yep Phil...they know it all, they have all their ducks in a row...Jokes on them..but it's no joke.

Take care Brother..your a dying breed..guys like us taking care of elderly folks and keeping them home and not in a nursing home. Rich boy would just ship them off to a home..no time to be bothered with changing dads pants or giving ma a bath. Good thing I'm was a trained RNA. Now I'm a ordained Minister. They raised me, fed me, clothed me, taught me right from wrong and helped us as a young married couple. Now it's our turn to return the good deeds they did for us. If I have anything to say about it..ma and dad will die in their home amongst family, not in a nursing home.

God Bless

And my thoughts and prayers to you my friend. Yes we are a rare breed for what we are doing for taking care of our parents like we are. My dad died in 1990 from brown lung. He had served in the army during ww2. He retired in jan. 1989 so he didn't get to enjoy retirement. I've been taking care of my mom since then.

Back