Twins Legends game today

birdshooter

Anyone happen to catch the Twins legends game today before the regular game?

I thought that was very entertaining to watch some of the past twins play against each other. Lots of players from the 87 and 91 world series team involved. I especially like the Hrbek sliding catch taking out a huge divot out of the sod with his knee. :D

Some of those boy's have put on a few pounds. :cheers:

That would of been neat to witness!!! Still missing Kirby! He knew how to play the game all out like Pete. Was Carew there?

That would of been neat to witness!!! Still missing Kirby! He knew how to play the game all out like Pete. Was Carew there?

Carew was there but didn't participate in the legends game. Oliva, the killer (Killebrew), Frank Quilici were there as well.

The whole weekend (Twins 50th anniversary) was highlighted by a tribute to the all time 50 best Twins players in history. Before the game on Friday they introduced all 50 before the game. It was good to see some of the old timers again. Mauer and Cuddy from the current team made the list as well.

The fans really enjoyed that Legends game. Quite humorous and some of those guys could still play if they got into shape.

Still missing Kirby! He knew how to play the game all out like Pete.

When they introduced Kirby as one of the 50, there was some silence and a few misty eyes among the group that had gathered on the infield. He may be the best of the best to ever put on a twins uniform.

Last edited:
i watched the game.. it was good to see players like dan gladden as well. i remember when i went to a game in 91 with my parents and my uncle's family... we sat behind Kirby Puckett...

Kent Hrbek was the number i wanted and wore when i grew up playing baseball as I loved first base growing up. He put up a comedy show somewhat... i guess he cant do the split leg and catch the ball like he used to... had to put a dent in the new Target field grass...

Back